PDA

View Full Version : New Guy - First Major Project

Steve Dias
12-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Hey, My name is Steve and I'm 27 and I just started getting into woodworking. Little by little I have been buying the right tools and using the proper techniques that I have learned on this site. I have been on this site for over three years and I am excited and (Nervous)to finally have some work of my own to show. I wish to be at the level of you gentlemen in the future. You guys truley do inspire me.

Below you will see a mantle that I did for a friend of mine. The wood is maple (by the way it is a pain to find maple in 12' lenths). I am not a fan of the finish but it is what the customer wanted.

Todd Crawford
12-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Great job Steve. Welcome to The Creek.... I'm new here myself but have found a wealth of knowledge already!

Glenn Clabo
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Nice job...nice first post. Three years...first post? That must be a record.

Now that you've broken the seal...let's have some more.

gary Zimmel
12-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the Creek Steve!

Good to get that first post out of the way.

Looking forward to your future projects.

Dewey Torres
12-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Alright Steve,
Welcome! Nice mantle.

Von Bickley
12-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Steve,

Nice looking mantle and "Welcome to the Creek"....... :)

Steve Schlumpf
12-17-2008, 3:56 PM
Steve - Welcome to the Creek! Very nice work on the mantle! First time posting is the hardest... but we all got through it! Looking forward to seeing more of your work real soon!

Jim Becker
12-17-2008, 4:40 PM
Very nice job on that project, Steve.

BTW, there are plenty of "gentlewomen" who do wonderful work here at SMC, too... :D

Bruce Page
12-17-2008, 6:59 PM
Nicely done!
I made a mantel for our fp, it was a fun project.

Welcome to SMC!

Ed Sallee
12-17-2008, 7:50 PM
Welcome to the creek! Great bunch of guys here, and you can learn a lot from all of them. And...we can all learn a lot from you!

Nice work on the mantle!!!

John Thompson
12-17-2008, 8:43 PM
Very nice job on the mantle, Steve. Hey... the customer is always right regardless of what you think. And that pretty much goes for the wife also if you happen to be married.. If she says paint it blue... paint it blue otherwise you will never hear the end until you well.. paint it blue. :D

Welcome...

Sarge..

Steve Dias
12-20-2008, 6:43 AM
ThAnks for all the kind words. I promise more will come...