PDA

View Full Version : delta left tilt unisaw

jim sauterer
12-16-2008, 7:56 PM
anyone who owns a unisaw have any problems getting the table blade insert out.i usually have to pull the side off and tap it out.

Leo Graywacz
12-16-2008, 8:10 PM
I never use the OEM insert. I always make one out of wood. Just grind it down where it binds.

Dewey Torres
12-16-2008, 8:23 PM
Jim,
Check the little nub on the end of the insert.

Chances are that is what is binding. If you are sure that is it, get a metal file and file just a bit off so it is not so tight. You should be able to lift it off with the finger hole but it should not come out easy. Nor should you have to tap it form the bottom.

That nub keeps the insert in the table in case the blade hits it so don't file it off.

Also make sure it isn't bent slightly. It should not be contacting the sides, rather should rest on the levelers and make contact front to back via that little nub. If it is snugging itself to the sides it probably got bent (I have no idea how).

If none of this works order a new one or make you own. You will need a ZC and a DADO at the very least.

JohnMorgan of Lititz
12-16-2008, 9:00 PM
Yeah, dude. Get rid of that metal stock job and buy/make a zero clearance insert.

anyone who owns a unisaw have any problems getting the table blade insert out.i usually have to pull the side off and tap it out.

Chip Lindley
12-16-2008, 11:09 PM
If you look closely at the edges all the way around your stock insert, they are at a slight angle because of the die casting process. Any shiny spots where the Red paint is rubbed away is where the insert binds! A little metal can be removed *judiciously* with a sander, or flat file to free the insert up by a few Thousands of an inch. EASY does it!!