PDA

View Full Version : More firewood walnut furniture

Daren K Nelson
12-16-2008, 3:25 PM
I went and dug this slab out of the barn yesterday and made this little bench, put the final coat of finish on it just now (still using a junk camera, sorry)
The legs are simple, the ones under the crotch flair are wider than the ones on the other end. The stretcher is just 1/2 lapped in. I was going to put feet on them but anything I came up with looked out of place to me. It sits very stable, I am going to leave it as is.

Jim Becker
12-16-2008, 4:39 PM
VERY nice!!! I love this kind of work...the one I have in our kitchen that is very similar has been a pleasure to have around and enjoy. I hope you feel the same way about your outstanding bench!

Dewey Torres
12-16-2008, 5:19 PM
Natural, Rustic, Beautiful!

Todd Crawford
12-16-2008, 5:20 PM
Very nice work.... I really enjoy looking at your work and wish you lived closer so I could get in your firewood pile!!!!

Larry Fox
12-16-2008, 5:37 PM
Very nice. Rustic is not my thing but that is definitely a nice piece. That walnut slab is very cool and I like that crotch flair. I agree with Todd - you must have a pretty impressive firewood pile.

Paul Steiner
12-16-2008, 8:36 PM
Nice work! I love projects that maximize wood use and utilize scrap or someones discard wood. Great project!