PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a Dust Buster type device

Burt Alcantara
12-16-2008, 1:02 PM
We use this thing all over the house and shop. Our current one wont hold a charge and is somewhat messy to clean.

What dust buster type device to you have that you like?

Thanks,
Burt

Pat Germain
12-16-2008, 3:46 PM
Mrs. Pat has a little handheld vac made by Hoover called a "Sidewinder". It's not cordless. In this case, that's a good thing. It has much more power than a Dust Buster or any cordless vac. It also has a roller brush like an upright vac. You can connect a hose attachment as well.

I would recommend taking a look at the Sidewinder before going with another cordless. I don't think the cordless vacs can get enough suction going to be worthwhile, but I know they can still be handy.

Holiday Survival Tip: Never give a woman a vacuum as a gift. :eek: (No, I didn't give the sidewinder as a gift. You can pretty much include anything with a power cord or batteries in this category. It took awhile for me to learn this, but learn I did! :rolleyes:)

Dan Edminster
12-16-2008, 4:37 PM
Holiday Survival Tip: Never give a woman a vacuum as a gift.

Pat,
I have to respectfully disagree; that's not a hard and fast rule. I gave my wife a cordless vacuum many years ago (which, by the way, she uses about every day) and she absolutely loved it! You have to know your woman and what she's about. It's not all about the bling - some women like practical and useful things. In my case, it was a welcomed gift, your mileage may vary. As a matter of fact, she's getting a new canister vac this year! No, she doesn't follow the forum and it's really no surprise anyway.
Happy Holidays!
Dan

Larry Edgerton
12-16-2008, 5:56 PM
Lowes has a special on a tool kit with a dustbuster, I think it was Ryobi, with a cordless drill and some other stuff. 18v. It was under $100.

Angus Hines
12-16-2008, 6:08 PM
This is what my wife just got for here B-Day in Sept.

She's LOVES it.

:eek::eek: Now how to get her to stop chasing me aroud the house with it!! :eek::eek:

Oh and here's the link if you want to pick one up:: Dyson Animal DC-16 (http://www.dyson.com/store/product.asp?product=DC16-ANIMAL)

Burt Alcantara
12-16-2008, 6:36 PM
Pat,
I'd never give my wife a vacuum as she is fanatical about vacuums. She bought and returned 4 over the past year finally settling for a Miele Capella. She is impressed with my Fein Mini Turbo but hates the weight and bulk, especially since it resides in the basement shop.

I still don't know what her criteria is for a vacuum. In this case it's "don't ask, don't tell."

Burt

Dave Hale
12-16-2008, 8:37 PM
My wife says, 'If it's got a cord, it's not a gift, it's an appliance'. :rolleyes:

Wade Lippman
12-16-2008, 11:48 PM
We have three of the little dewalt shop vacs; obviously we like them. If you happen to have dewalt batteries...