PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Grand Champion - Revisted

Jim Becker
12-15-2008, 9:36 PM
Well, the fall horse show series is completed and Nastia racked up more points than any other rider, no matter what division they rode in. So she not only nailed "Grand Champion" four shows in a row for her group, she also got first pick of the major prizes as well as a wonderful engraved trophy plate. (She chose a bridle which is the one piece of tack we did not already acquire...I just need to get an appropriately sized bit to fit Dreamy and we are in business...no more using the training tack that more often than not isn't cleaned as well as "we" do it ;) )

In yesterday's event, she took four firsts and two seconds to make the Grand Champion mark. Here she is right after getting her award for the day's work...needless to say, we are unbelievably proud of her. She moves up to the next division for the new show series where she will have to do several jumping courses. (Jumping courses like dear old dad has been forced to do in his division, despite being a lot farther behind her in his own schooling....:o)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/HGF-12-08-066.jpg

And with her trophy plate....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/HGF-12-08-227.jpg

I did fine in my division yesterday, too. It was a small field of 4 due to so many folks having the flu, but I took three thirds and three fourths. I'm very proud of the thirds myself as the other three riders were much more experienced than I. Two of my thirds were actually in the jumping patterns. I guess my concentration was better for them than with the more basic "classes". LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/HGF-12-08-123.jpg

Don Bullock
12-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Congratulations Nastia and Jim. It's great that you two enjoy something together.

The co-breeder of our basset hounds rides horses as well. She's sort of like a daughter to me. I enjoy watching her ride when I get the chance. It's a sport that I never got a change to be involved in and it fascinates me.

Dewey Torres
12-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Jim,
Congrats are certainly in order to both of you and you clearly reserve the right to be proud. You don't even look to bad in your "get-up"!:)

Wonderful news that will be sure to make great holiday discussion.

Dennis Peacock
12-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Congrats to you and Nastia Jim...!!!!!! Y'all are taking the Equine challenges by storm!!!! Congrats!!!!

Steve Schlumpf
12-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow Jim! It is amazing what you can do when your heart is really in it! Nastia has earned some major bragging rights! Good for her! Congrats on your placements as well!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-16-2008, 1:33 AM
Congrats to Nastia and Dad!

Joe Chritz
12-16-2008, 7:35 AM
Congrats to both of you.

I trained my horse from groundwork up to riding but he is only a trail horse and doesn't do any show work. From a long time experience of training dogs a horse is an entirely different animal so to speak from a training point.

It is a big accomplishment to just be able to show well, let alone sweep a division or two.

Very pretty horse, I love the blue eye.

Joe

Belinda Barfield
12-16-2008, 7:45 AM
Congratulations, and well done to both of you!

Jim Becker
12-16-2008, 8:10 AM
Very pretty horse, I love the blue eye.

Both of Dreamy's eyes' are blue...very haunting at first, but it grows on you...

Rob Cunningham
12-16-2008, 9:26 AM
Congratulations to both of you. Beautiful looking horses also. My father is a retired Fairmount Park/Philly mounted police officer, so I have special appreciation for horses.

Mike Cutler
12-16-2008, 4:56 PM
Jim

It must be something special to share this experience with your daughter, as a rider, and soon, a fellow competitor. Well done to all. Love the ribbons.

Make sure that new bit and bridle are US Dressage legal.;)

Jim Becker
12-16-2008, 8:57 PM
Make sure that new bit and bridle are US Dressage legal.

That's not a problem...it's a regular snaffle bridle and it will probably get a D-Ring Snaffle with either a French or Dr. Bristol link which is what Dreamy's owner rides her with. Dressage legal, of course. The schooling tack bridle has a full-cheek snaffle, but I'm not overly fond of it, especially 'cause there are no keepers on the bridle for some reason.

Kevin Arceneaux
12-17-2008, 8:13 AM
Congrats, I hope you and her have many more.

Eddie Watkins
12-17-2008, 9:47 PM
My family had horses for a bunch of years and it really brings back some GREAT memories. I don't know how you find the time, though. That was my only hobby at the time. Cherish every minute, they go by fast!

Eddie