PDA

View Full Version : Ultra cigar

Horst Hohoff
12-15-2008, 3:40 PM
When I first saw the Ultra Cigar on the web I was immediately fascinated and bought two kits.
Here is the first result. Thanks for looking.

Steve Schlumpf
12-15-2008, 3:53 PM
Horst - that's a very classy pen! Love the contrast between the dark woods and the metals! Very nice work!

Skip Spaulding
12-15-2008, 4:34 PM
Very nice looking pen, looks like big bucks!

John Terefenko
12-15-2008, 4:57 PM
Horst

Great job on the pen. What finish did you put on it??? Where did you get the kit??? I have a few standard cigars that I have not done yet and was wondering how this kit measures up. Is it about the same size length wise and thickness wise???

Horst Hohoff
12-16-2008, 5:33 AM
Thanks for the kind comments.
I bought the kit from a dealer in Germany but it originally comes from BereaHardwoods. It comes in two versions ( Chrome wtih gold accents and vice versa ) but I mixed the two kits because I think it looks a lot better when tip and clip have the same colour.
The kit is the same size as the standard cigar pen, but instead of the black plastic rings it comes with gold or chrome plated metal parts
The finish is OSMO hardwaxoil, a stuff designed for wooden flooring. It's very hardwaring and feels very pleasant. It's also easy to repair if need be.

Horst

Jeff Nicol
12-16-2008, 6:52 AM
Horst, That is a wonderful pen! I have not made many pens, but that one really catches the eye! I was planning on getting some made this month for the holidays but 24 hrs in a day is not enough!

Great job again!

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
12-16-2008, 9:36 AM
Rich looking wood and pen kit make that a very classy pen. Well done.