PDA

View Full Version : Pausing on Cut?

Ross Lowry
12-14-2008, 6:03 PM
Ok I ran across another thing I am trying to do and it is pausing while cutting?
I basically wanted a rectangle with a radiused top, so I made the page size the size of the piece. Then I drew a circle that had the radius I wanted.
I am using Coreldraw X3 and am using an Epilog mini 45 watt.
I am not sure what is going on.
I have added the file.
Thanks.

Ross

Dave Marshall
12-14-2008, 6:19 PM
try making the page size the same as the bed size of your laser. then draw a separate entity (rectangle) that represents your part's dimensions. add the radius; position; then laser.

John Noell
12-14-2008, 6:51 PM
If the drawing is way bigger than the page size and the page size is way different than you table size, Corel can do some strange things. I agree with Dave, I always use a page size that matches my laser bed.

Stephen Beckham
12-14-2008, 7:50 PM
Ross,

I've got the Mini 24 as well - and it will occassionally pause. The problem is how long it pauses, because the laser doesn't pause, just the lense assembly.

We had a discussion about this a couple weeks ago and eveything from extra nodes to solar flares were brought up as possible problems...

I personally think I just out smart my laser sometimes and it has to pause and think for a second to catch up with me and my designs...:D

Doug Griffith
12-14-2008, 9:14 PM
I have a Mini 24 as well and have never experienced a pause. I output from Adobe Illustrator and am from Earth as well so it's most likely Corel that is the culprit. I looked at a Corel file that was having this problem not that long ago and the line weight fluxuated because there were "invisible" arrowheads set to hairline. I also set the document size to the size of my laser.

Cheers,
Doug

john welsh
12-15-2008, 3:10 AM
i have encountered a similar scenario whilst cutting , the machine pausing in the corners only on some jobs that is.
the only way i have found around the problem was to up the dpi setting on the control panel for the job to 600 dpi.
i have noticed that the machine also stutters whilst cutting radius corners when the dpi is set low.
i think that this is one of those problems that are sent to try us and cause us as much heart ache as possible . so dont spend ur life fretting over it just learn to live with these little difficulties :)

john welsh
12-15-2008, 3:12 AM
i forgot to mention i have a legend ext 36 75 watt amongst others so its not just a problem on mini machines .

Ross Lowry
12-15-2008, 8:26 AM
Thank you all for your comments!
I will try setting the page size the same as my machines table size.
I will let you guys know how it turns out.
Thanks for the tip on the DPI John, but I did have it set for 600.

john welsh
12-15-2008, 7:26 PM
if all else fails just hit it with a big hammer :) that should do the trick