PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop Contractor Saw owners

Kerry Adams
12-14-2008, 4:36 PM
Good Evening,

Am I the only one having trouble keeping a 4 inch hose on the dust shroud even with a band clamp?

Thanks,
Kerry

Andy Pedler
12-14-2008, 6:18 PM
You're not the only one. I've tried a couple different types of hose clamps on that connection and haven't found much that works yet. I can generally get it on and it stays, but it takes some finagalling to get it to work. I think the problem is not so much with the dust shroud itself, but more with the location. It is just a very inconvenient place to have to work.

I think that if you had a fixed dust collector pipe running to the saw that it would be okay, since you'd get it hooked up once and be done with it. But I have a small shop and small DC and always need to move it from tool to tool. So I've taken to only hooking up the DC when I'm going to do a lot of sawing. Otherwise I just the shop-vac to clean up the mess.

Andy - Newark, CA

Kerry Adams
12-14-2008, 6:49 PM
Well I am glad I am not alone!LOL Yes, the location really is lousy. I have permanent dust collection,but its 5 inch hose, so I have to start with 4 inch to get up to five.

I was looking at the new Rockler catalog tonight , and I think I have found a solution in there. I will post if ithelps.

Thanks,
Kerry

Eduard Nemirovsky
12-14-2008, 9:18 PM
I have had same problem. What I did, I put a short 4" connected to dust port on the saw and two quick connectors - one to hose from saw and another to hose from my DC.
Ed.

Jay Knoll
12-14-2008, 9:49 PM
No problem with mine, I just have it jammed on there, don't even have a hose clamp on it

Jay

M. A. Espinoza
12-15-2008, 4:12 AM
Mine stays on with no clamp, standard 4" Woodcraft clear dust hose; but it is a short length.