PDA

View Full Version : Carpentry web-based magazine

Rob Blaustein
12-14-2008, 1:53 PM
Anyone else get an email about this new site (http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/) that is a carpentry online magazine? I searched here for any posts about it and nothing came up so I thought I'd mention it. I'm not sure how they got my email address, and I usually don't love getting unsolicited stuff but if it's about a topic I like I don't get too bent out of shape. This one looks reasonably interesting. The problem of course is that there is so much content now online, and not nearly enough time to view much of it, that you have to be selective. I like the Fine Woodworking and Fine Homebuilding sites but if you're looking for something that's free, it might be worth your checking out.

Dewey Torres
12-14-2008, 2:34 PM
I just looked through it. I like the way the pages turn and load... fast. This is a Gary Katz product. He knows carpentry (and sketchup for that matter).

Rob Blaustein
12-14-2008, 6:48 PM
Hadn't realized Gary Katz was connected to it. That probably explains why I got the email--I've ordered some of his excellent carpentry DVDs.

Mark Rios
12-14-2008, 9:19 PM
Thanks Rob. I just went there and like it so much that I subscribed. I found it a little (very little) "light" in a couple of the articles but overall I liked it very, very much.

Very interesting.

Paul Girouard
12-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks Rob. I signed up as well , looks to be a interesting site.

Dewey Torres
12-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Hadn't realized Gary Katz was connected to it. That probably explains why I got the email--I've ordered some of his excellent carpentry DVDs.

Rob,
Yes it is. As a matter of fact another Katz is in charge of advertising according to the first page (spouse)???

I signed up as well. heck its free!