PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley wish list

Eric Brown
12-14-2008, 3:48 AM
Love my new premium block plane from L-V. (Only things that might make it better would be the chamfer toe or rear tote like they offer for the regular line)

Hope they produce many more tools in the nickle-iron (non-rust). While many of the better Stanleys are about 100 years old, I'm not sure they will last another 100. The new ones from L-V should last 100's of years (except maybe the blades).

I would like any of the following to be produced in nickle-iron or white bronze in the next year:

1. Low angle Smoother
2. Low angle Jack
3. Low angle Jointer
4. Router
5. R + L Skew Rabbets
6. R + L Edge
7. Plow
8. Side Rabbet
9. All the Shoulders
10. Low angle spoke

I've always been waiting for tools like these to be produced as regular items an not as an "Limited Edition". I'm not concerned about the larger tools being heavy either. I don't use them eight hours a day and feel that if my Stanley #8 weighed 12 -15 lb's it would work better.

I also want to thank Robin Lee and his whole company and wish them a long and happy future.

Same goes for the rest of you.

---Eric---

Chuck Tringo
12-14-2008, 12:00 PM
I would just love to see their 'standard' line discounted/cleared out as they bring in the new ones :D, standard Veritas is still some of the best stuff made today afterall...