PDA

View Full Version : Sunhill table saw

Jeff Strickler
12-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Anyone have experience with the Sunhill SM-250A table saw? I've been comparing the Grizzly G0575 and the Ridgid 3660, but the price on the SM-250A for what appears to be very similar specifications caught my attention. Anyone have any experience with this saw or have any thoughts why the Grizzly or Ridgid would be a better alternative?

Thanks in advance -- appreciate all the fine commentary on SMC.

Rich Enders
12-14-2008, 9:40 AM
Ridgid's life time warranty?

John Thompson
12-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I have not seen the Sunhill TS closely.. but had a Sunhill jointer once which was great. But... that's compariing apples to oranges. I did see the Sunhill TS at IWF but did not take time to go over it well. Just seeing it doesn't qualify me giving an opionion of it other than it looked OK on the surface but the surface doesn't tell the whole story.

Sarge..

Douglas Brummett
12-15-2008, 1:02 PM
I picked up a Sunhill planer this year. The TS caught my attention as well. From what I can tell there is no advantage to Grizzly over Sunhill. Ridgid does have the advantage that you can take it back to HD, also you can pick up in person so there is a lessened chance of shipping damage.

All of these tools are imports, so it just boils down to your comfort level with each company.