PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding FREE FWW Video Lessons

Jeff Wright
12-13-2008, 7:38 PM
For an outstanding video instruction on building an attractive small chest (using some quality old-school hand techniques), visit this link at the Fine Woodworking website:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/small-cabinet-video-preview/index.asp

I believe you must be an upgraded website member (costs something like $15 a year to join) which gives you access to some wonderful resources.

FWW has a number of video tutorials that are worth looking at.

Grant Vanbokklen
12-13-2008, 8:23 PM
Jet sent out an email giving away the month of December free. There is about half the month left. And you can view this tutorial
https://reg.taunton.com/account/register2.html?ig=WNTJetTrial

I really have enjoyed this tutorial too. I looked but did not see many more though. Is there a location that has more tutorials in such detail?

Jeff Wright
12-13-2008, 8:37 PM
I really have enjoyed this tutorial too. I looked but did not see many more though. Is there a location that has more tutorials in such detail?

Try this link:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id=31628

Dan McCallum
12-13-2008, 8:53 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I've always thought that having to pay $15 meant that something was not "FREE"!

Dan

Grant Vanbokklen
12-13-2008, 9:32 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I've always thought that having to pay $15 meant that something was not "FREE"!
Dan

Did that link not work for you? I thought it was the link to free month of December at FWW, sent to me in a Jet Tools email. No need to pay anything.

Dan McCallum
12-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Grant,

Apologies on that. Clicking on the link only takes me to the Taunton home page. If I actually copy and paste the link into my browser, it works. Must be a Firefox quirk.

Thanks for the help, will watch a video or two now!

Cheers,

Dan

Jeff Wright
12-14-2008, 9:18 AM

Dan

Dan, you're correct. I misspoke when I said it was free. But for all the value one gets as a paying member at $14.95 per year, there is so much value on the website that it gets darn near free. Thanks for keeping me honest. :)

Myk Rian
12-14-2008, 9:19 AM
It is free. I got to view the videos, and I did it with Firefox. No problems at all.

Don Bullock
12-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Mike, thank you for pointing out the FWW video. I fully agree that at $14.95 a year their website is a bargain. I have found far more useful material on their website than I could have ever found from any other source.

John Thompson
12-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I have posted over there for about 7 years. I was skeptical at first of having to pay $14.95 but.. I took a free one month about 3-4 months ago and found it well worth the $14.95.

I have been doing this for a bit over 36 years and some of the things are not that beneficial but... many are as you get to see a different perspective of doing something in many cases. And for those just starting out or even intermediate... the $14.95 is a bargain indeed IMO. I wish I had something like this 36 years ago when I started and there was no inter-net..

Sarge..