PDA

View Full Version : SD608 Dado Blade and Delta Unisaw??

Barry Londrigan
12-13-2008, 3:02 PM
What am I doing wrong guys? I am trying to install a brand new dado blade set on my Delta Unisaw. I can only install the outside blades and one chipper and I am out of arbor shaft. Is it simply that this saw will not accept the SD608 adjustable dado blade? I can hardly believe that hence my question to you all. Thanks!

Vince Shriver
12-13-2008, 3:24 PM
My dado set (Systematic) has a very tight hole for arbor. I use only the arbor nut right up against the outside blade. I think most folks do it that way.

Karl Brogger
12-13-2008, 3:29 PM
I use only the arbor nut right up against the outside blade. I think most folks do it that way.

Yep. That's how I do it. Don't need the stibilizer thing.

BOB OLINGER
12-13-2008, 3:33 PM
Ditto. I don't use the stabilizer bushing, either -only the nut.

Heather Thompson
12-13-2008, 3:34 PM
Barry,

This link will provide information on saw compatibility.
http://www.ptreeusa.com/freud_dial_a_dado_compatibility.htm
It is from Peachtree Woodworking and gives the information on needed arbor length, there was a thread on this sometime back, I have a PM66 and can not get the full use from the stack either. Hope this helps you.

Heather

Barry Londrigan
12-13-2008, 4:03 PM
Right on everybody! You're on it Heather...thanks for the link! I had to make a new throat plate and did so with only three blades in it....will have to get rid of the flange and put a few more on....thanks again for the help!

Barry