PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Twins

Peter Stahl
06-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Was watching the Phils get beat by the Twins and wondering why the Twins have a "C" under/over the "T" on their hats? As far as I know the Twins came from Washington (were the Senators). Anyone know what the "C" is on there for?

thanks, Pete

Tyler Howell
06-12-2004, 10:37 PM
C Stands for Cities as in Twin Cities

Go Twins:cool:

Chad Pater
06-13-2004, 4:33 AM
Go Twins:cool: [/QUOTE]

I'll second that :)

Peter Stahl
06-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks, thought that's what it could be but never ever heard them refered to as the Twin Cities. Plus I guess they need something in order to have unique logo.

Pete

Dan Mages
06-14-2004, 8:58 AM
Go Cubs!

I grew up in Minneapolis, and I have seen many Twins games. I just wish they had a stadium with a little more life than that concrete sarcophagus(sp?) they currently play in.

Dan

Chad Pater
06-14-2004, 9:55 AM
Go Cubs!

I grew up in Minneapolis, and I have seen many Twins games. I just wish they had a stadium with a little more life than that concrete sarcophagus(sp?) they currently play in.

Dan

Yeah in a perfect world they would build a retractable roof stadium and it wouldn't cost tax payers a dime ;)
We'll see
chad

Steven Wilson
06-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Go Cubs!

Dan

Care to send us a billion dollars so that we can fund part of the stadiums that the Vikings and Twins want?

Dan Mages
06-14-2004, 12:58 PM
I wish I could.... But I will continue enjoying Wrigley Field. i bet you can build a replica of that field for less than a third of what they want to spend.

Dan

Gary Whitt
06-21-2004, 3:26 PM
I've been hearing for four years now how they are moving to Charlotte. :rolleyes: :o

bob williams
06-22-2004, 8:25 AM
then we wouldn't have the air conditioning to blow in from center field.
Go Twins!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Klink
06-25-2004, 1:35 AM
Care to send us a billion dollars so that we can fund part of the stadiums that the Vikings and Twins want?
Steven, I know I wish that I could. When the Vikings used to play at Metropolitan Stadium, those were some fun games to watch(On tv, for me.). Real football, in the mud and snow. Yeah!

I've heard rumors of the Vikings moving to LA. Bad enough the Lakers moved there, but the Los Angeles Vikings?? Yeeesh...

It's bad enough when a team's owner threatens to move to get the stadium they want, but it's even worse when they find a way to make the people that go to the games foot a big hunk of the bill. Then they raise the prices on tickets and concessions to boot.

Geez....Guess I kind of went off topic there, huh?

Tyler Howell
06-25-2004, 3:27 AM
Steven, I know I wish that I could. When the Vikings used to play at Metropolitan Stadium, those were some fun games to watch(On tv, for me.). Real football, in the mud and snow. Yeah!

I've heard rumors of the Vikings moving to LA. Bad enough the Lakers moved there, but the Los Angeles Vikings?? Yeeesh...

It's bad enough when a team's owner threatens to move to get the stadium they want, but it's even worse when they find a way to make the people that go to the games foot a big hunk of the bill. Then they raise the prices on tickets and concessions to boot.

Geez....Guess I kind of went off topic there, huh?
Dave, You are really dating yourself with that Minnesota sports trivia. Personnally I tell em "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out". When bazillionaire owners and players hold up communities at gun point for stadiums and all the generated revinues, it's a sad state. The constant threats and whining get real old. There is community pride in a winning team and a little water cooler chatter. I respect, as with a fine WW the skill level attained by some of our athletes but that does not invent rights to break the law, demand community action, and threaten local governments.
The ones that reap should sow. The bar owners, fans, hotels....... should build the stadium. Off the soap box.
Have a good one;)

David Klink
06-25-2004, 4:45 AM
The state of pro sports in general is kind of sad when you get right down to it. I love football and baseball especially, but I don't enjoy them quite as much as I once did.

Some of the purity has gone from them to begin with, but with the way the owners handle things, it makes it worse. So many of them pocket their revenues without putting it into the team, then the team does poorly, the fans (That can still afford to go.) stop going to the games as much. The owners cry, we need a new stadium to bring us up to date and get the fans back. If they get it, they jack their prices up more to increase revenue, even if taxpayers, through one method or another, end up financing the majority of it.

I guess I may have dated myself a wee bit...Hey, I still have trouble saying Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts, St. Louis Rams or Los Angeles Raiders. Oh...wait...The Raiders are in Oakland again, right? Aren't they due for a move before too long?:)

Gary Whitt
06-25-2004, 8:20 AM
Dave, You are really dating yourself with that Minnesota sports trivia. Personnally I tell em "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out". When bazillionaire owners and players hold up communities at gun point for stadiums and all the generated revinues, it's a sad state. The constant threats and whining get real old. There is community pride in a winning team and a little water cooler chatter. I respect, as with a fine WW the skill level attained by some of our athletes but that does not invent rights to break the law, demand community action, and threaten local governments.
The ones that reap should sow. The bar owners, fans, hotels....... should build the stadium. Off the soap box.
Have a good one;)
Tell 'em, Tyler!!!!
I'm with you all the way.....

Dennis Peacock
06-25-2004, 9:42 AM
Just <b>one</b> word.....................DLTTTP!!!!!

Don't let this turn to politics!! :D

So far everyone is doing great.