PDA

View Full Version : Fence upgrade

John Powers
12-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I have the standard Delta contractors saw 36-600. Fence is the real shortcoming for what I do. Can anyone recommend an upgrade at reasonable price? I see one on Amazon but cannot see details. thanks

David Christopher
12-13-2008, 1:32 PM
I use the delta unifence and it does a great job and very easy to dial in and it comes in different sizes

glenn bradley
12-13-2008, 2:27 PM
I see the Delta T-2 fence for under $200 and several folks on here seem to like it.

Neal Clayton
12-13-2008, 2:29 PM
the vega fences are nice too.

i have one on my old PM66.

scott spencer
12-13-2008, 2:35 PM
Hi John - The 36-600 isn't a standard contractor saw...it's a compact saw with universal motor on a leg stand, and is smaller than a standard full size contractor saw. Standard depth is 27"...the 36-600 is 22" deep, which may limit how many aftermarket fences work properly with it. Some of the fences that aren't supported in the back may still work but it's worth checking into before spending money on a fence upgrade.

John Powers
12-13-2008, 4:49 PM
roger on the size. its on borrowed time anyway. so I'll make due until someone on craigslist has to choose between the saw and essentials.

Vince Shriver
12-13-2008, 5:00 PM
X2. Delta T-2 fence. Lowes used to carry them - outstanding fence for your saw - just the right size, kind of a Biesmeyer clone. It's the same fence Delta puts on its hybrid saws; you won't be disappointed.

Jason White
12-13-2008, 5:01 PM
If you're really, really lucky, you might still be able to find a 30" Biesemeyer at a Lowe's store for $80. Many, if not most of the stores were closing them out a few months ago.

I guarantee that if you find a store that has one, it's way up on the top shelf out of sight someplace. Ask for them to look it up on the computer (item #237671). You'll have to really work one of the clerks or even a manager to find it for you. It'll show up as a "non-stock" item in the computer, so if the clerk won't let you have it for $80, ask him to get a manager to help you and haggle for it.

JW

I have the standard Delta contractors saw 36-600. Fence is the real shortcoming for what I do. Can anyone recommend an upgrade at reasonable price? I see one on Amazon but cannot see details. thanks