PDA

View Full Version : LEDs on sale at Michaels

Steve Eide
12-12-2008, 3:41 PM
Hi all,

I was at Michaels Crafts today and found some LEDs for a good price. Battery powered 10 white LED string. Price marked was $3.99 however the "Merry Minis" brands were 60% off. New price $1.60.

I suggest calling first since there were only three packs left at my store (I left one).

Dewey Torres
12-12-2008, 3:45 PM
That's BC most everyone who is going to put up lights this year has already made their purchases. I am guessing you don't have yours up yet
:)

Steve Eide
12-12-2008, 3:58 PM
You are correct, my lights are not up yet. I don't want to rush it though!

I plan to use these lights to do some edge lit acrylic gifts.

Dee Gallo
12-12-2008, 5:02 PM
Good find, Steve! Sadly my closest Michael's is 60 ice-covered miles away, so no good for me. I looked on their website, but they aren't there. But even at the regular price, I'll look for them the next time I go there.

thanks, dee

Steve Eide
12-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Dee, I hope the worst is over in your area. A lot of damage and power outages I see. We have some snow and cold weather coming, but fortunately no ice storms.

I plugged in the lights and they work very well except for one thing; they are multi-colored LEDs not white. So, my plan thwarted, I stuck them in a hollow frosted acrylic snowman decoration that we have on a table and voila, a multi-colored snowman. Lemonade

James Jaragosky
12-13-2008, 3:41 PM
Wal-Mart had a similar deal on similar lights last year.
I waited until after Christmas and got 30 packs for 1.45 each