PDA

View Full Version : TV remote, finger or thumb?

Mitchell Andrus
12-12-2008, 9:44 AM
I use my thumb, I saw a freind use his fore-finger. I'd never seen that before.

So...... Which for you?

Jason Roehl
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm a thumb guy. Same with phones. I have seen a few people use their forefinger, but I don't get it--your hand has to cover most of the buttons to do that, so you can't see what you're doing.

Jim Becker
12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
The answer is..."yes"!! Whatever digit hits and fits the widget gets the job done... :D

Brian Effinger
12-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Usually thumb. Although sometimes when I'm really lazy :D I just reach over to the side table and use a finger.

Greg Cole
12-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Neither, I rarely park in front of the boob-tube, but when I do I turn on the Red Wings game and leave it alone!

Danny Thompson
12-12-2008, 1:11 PM
Hey guys! I found a dollar in my pocket!

Dennis Peacock
12-12-2008, 1:18 PM
Uh.....what's a remote? :rolleyes:

Haven't seen TV in WEEKS....nor do I miss it. :)

Mitchell Andrus
12-12-2008, 1:20 PM
Haven't seen TV in WEEKS....nor do I miss it. :)

Obama won.

Dennis Peacock
12-12-2008, 1:23 PM
Obama won.

DRATS..!!!!!! I knew it.!!! I knew it.!!!!!! Blasted newspaper!!!!! Lied to me again. :p

Thanks for the news update Mitch!!!! So when you gonna take me flying? :)

Thomas Knighton
12-12-2008, 2:12 PM
Thumb all the way, unless they get fat or something and I can't hit the right button to save my life. I use the finger strictly as a precision tool, while the thumb is quick and dirty, and plenty for most jobs.

Tom
who thinks he put waaaaay to much thought into this ;)

Craig D Peltier
12-12-2008, 2:41 PM
Last nite on My Name Is Earl he used his elbow.

Chris Padilla
12-12-2008, 3:09 PM
I just mash the keyboard with my palm and it usually finds me a decent channel to watch.... ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2008, 4:12 PM
Jim Becker uses "Depends" and Dennis Peacock just found out Obama won.......

This is Ken in Idaho....looking down.....shaking his head.....:D

Dewey Torres
12-12-2008, 4:19 PM
Does anyone know what the record is for number of mods to answer a thread that has nothing to do with woodworking?;)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2008, 4:21 PM
Happens all the time in the Mod Forum.:D

Dewey Torres
12-12-2008, 4:24 PM

Ok, you got me there... wait a second, what Mod forum?

Are you guys talking about us behind our backs?

I use my thumb BTW

Chris Padilla
12-12-2008, 4:48 PM
Yes, we have our own little private slice of SMC where we banish posts and where we talk about the not so nice side of SMC. Your name comes up quite a bit, Dewey...better watch it! ;)

haha...j/k

:D

Karl Brogger
12-12-2008, 6:17 PM
Depends on the remote, and/or where I am.

For the DVD player in the pickup, I use fingers.
In front of TV on the couch, thumbs
Laying in bed, it can go either way.

Mike Cutler
12-12-2008, 7:07 PM
Jim Becker uses "Depends" and Dennis Peacock just found out Obama won.......

This is Ken in Idaho....looking down.....shaking his head.....:D

Better look a little sideways east Ken. I haven't watched TV in decades. Caught a few hockey games on the computer, so I guess I used a thumb with the mouse.

Obama won huh?? Dang, I never even found out who shot JR.:p,;)

Brian Effinger
12-12-2008, 7:40 PM
I just mash the keyboard with my palm and it usually finds me a decent channel to watch.... ;)
That's funny, that is how I dial the phone. It is a guaranteed interesting conversation :D

Jim Becker
12-12-2008, 9:01 PM
Does anyone know what the record is for number of mods to answer a thread that has nothing to do with woodworking?

We try to do it in moderation, Dewey, but sometimes things just get carried away...especially with that Ken guy! :o

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2008, 9:06 PM
There they go.....picking on me again........:rolleyes:

Now I'm just waiting for Clabo to jump in and blindside me and it'll be like old home week!:D

Dennis Peacock
12-12-2008, 9:07 PM

+1......for sure.....(silly 14 character limit) :)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2008, 9:07 PM
You see Dewey.

Keith is pretty smart. He takes all the malcontents.....gives them their own little "SMC" and keeps us from really creating a riot in public!:rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
12-12-2008, 9:11 PM
You see Dewey.

Keith is pretty smart. He takes all the malcontents.....gives them their own little "SMC" and keeps us from really creating a riot in public!:rolleyes:

Well....you keep trying to crawl out of Idee-Hoe and we try to keep you all locked up. Oh wait....that for those in Carnway, Arkeysaw for the lock up. Oh well, never learn.

Oh yea....on topic.....yea....I've seen a remote before. It now runs my DC setup in my shop. :p :D

David Drickhamer
12-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't use either. I can never get the remote away from the wife so I just let her push the buttons.
:D

Dewey Torres
12-12-2008, 11:43 PM
With all these Mods commenting on by behalf... I am half tempted to put on my moderator hat and let them all know they are thread steeling.

BUT technically I am too ... and we do have great MODS ... so I will let this one slide.

I will bet that MOD forum is more of a hoot than any of the ones we mere peons use. Oh, and I bet Chris wasn't kidding when he said my name comes up.

Thanks guys...
Please don't banish me:o

Ken Fitzgerald
12-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Dewey,

Seriously, it is a hoot, most of the time.

On occasions, we will disagree. Probably the big difference is all of us were nominated and the appointment was agreed upon before the person was invited to join. We all respect each other. On those occasions, we even spout off...but respectfully. It's a neat bunch of diverse personalities. We don't always agree but we respect the other guy's right to disagree.

We do discuss "characters who are members" before they are "Guested" or ghosted as we refer to them. After an ongoing discussion and arguments, Keith and Jackie usually will give their opinion and the ax falls. The process of removing someone from the membership is not taken lightly.

And yes, it's even a hoot! Whether it's Dennis, Jim, Glenn , Chris, Rob, Dave, Zahid or any of the others...usually some pretty sage advice and a lot of "hoots"!

We never actually delete a thread, we move to the Mod Forum where it rests for ever. We usually add a post telling why we moved it there....asking for other opinions and if one or more disagree...the thread can be moved back for public viewing.

There are times when following some members who are obvious "trolls" is a pain......and some about whom you wonder if they have lost touch with reality or society....those aren't much fun as you really don't want to be harsh and yet the flavor of the Creek changes if we let flaming and insults continue. Most members are a pleasure to work with....but there are those few who challenge you patience.

The Mods.....great bunch of diverse personalities who want the Creek to keep flowing in the manner it has since it's inception. It's changed as the membership has grown but that is to be expected but still it's the Creek. A friendly place where from beginners to Pros....we come together to exchange information, get questions answered and share a little of our lives.

BTW.....I use my forehead.:D

Mitchell Andrus
12-13-2008, 8:46 AM
BTW.....I use my forehead.:D

...for the remote, right Ken? Ya gotta finish the sentence there, pal.....

Ken Fitzgerald
12-13-2008, 8:51 AM
Mitchell,

I thought I was clarifying it by specifying my "forefinger":D

Glenn Clabo
12-13-2008, 9:35 AM
Now I'm just waiting for Clabo to jump in and blindside me and it'll be like old home week!:D

Look closely Fitz...

Ken Fitzgerald
12-13-2008, 9:59 AM
Clabo....

You sorry rascal!:D:D:D

That might explain my receding hairline!

Dennis Peacock
12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Clabo...put down the remote AND put down the "hairline mover".

Fitz....turn around and walk the other way.

Now....Don't make me stop this car.!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Steve Schlumpf
12-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I wondered where everyone went.... hopefully you guys didn't stir up to much trouble yet!

Oh, the the remote thingy - 'D' all of the above!

Glenn Clabo
12-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Senior...
You just threw raw meat into the room and shut the door. This thread has officially been hitchjacked by the mod squad.

Sorry Mitchell... :o

John Bailey
12-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey Keith,

You left the barn door open again!! Gonna have to give you an infraction - whose gonna get all this livestock back in the barn?? (not to mention all the Bovine Scatology):mad:

John

mike holden
12-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Fat, fat, thumbs means that the only reasonable way is to use my finger tips. They make the buttons too darn small!
Mike

Brian Kent
12-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Speaking of moderators, can anybody figure out why I have ads all of a sudden.

On a completely unrelated note, I used to be just a contributer. Now I'm a MEMBER! Thanks everybody!

On another completely unrelated note, does anybody want $6.00?:rolleyes:

Glenn Clabo
12-13-2008, 1:13 PM
Brian,
It appears you have fixed your problem. Thank you for your support!

Brian Kent
12-13-2008, 1:14 PM
On a completely unrelated note, my ads just disappeared and I'm a contributor again. Does that mean I'm no longer a member?

Dennis Peacock
12-13-2008, 3:14 PM
On a completely unrelated note, my ads just disappeared and I'm a contributor again. Does that mean I'm no longer a member?

Oh..!!!! I'm so confused..!!!!!! :eek: :confused:

Hey Clabo....I told you that Brian was right handy....he even fixed his own account.

Remote....stay on topic.....yea that's it...stay on topic.......shoot, can't remember what the topic was about now......Uh........Well shoot....:o

Ken Fitzgerald
12-13-2008, 3:47 PM
Oh..!!!! I'm so confused..!!!!!! :eek: :confused:

Hey Clabo....I told you that Brian was right handy....he even fixed his own account.

Remote....stay on topic.....yea that's it...stay on topic.......shoot, can't remember what the topic was about now......Uh........Well shoot....:o

Okay folks....You can come out of your fox holes now!...Dennis is done shooting. He's run out of ammo by now.

Jason Roehl
12-30-2008, 6:30 PM
Confession time.

I thought I was a thumb-only guy. I realized since I first answered in this thread that if I'm laying on the couch I use my forefinger. If I'm sitting up, I use my thumb. :rolleyes: ;)