PDA

View Full Version : Corel help, please

Dave Johnson29
12-11-2008, 1:25 PM
Hi All,

I have not seen this happen before, can someone please explain why has Corel 10 done this the text in the picture? It is 14pt so it is not Greeked.

I mean the red cross-hatching.

Thanks in advance

Bill Cunningham
12-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Looks like you have selected the colour blindness test font :D

Margaret Turco
12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Dave, I don't have corel open right now, but if you have paragraph text, could the text box be postscript filled? Could you try to change the text to artistic text? Maybe it will go away then.

Dave Johnson29
12-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Looks like you have selected the colour blindness test font

Gee thanks Bill, that cracked me up. :D:D:eek::D:D

Pretty funny.

Dave Johnson29
12-12-2008, 11:27 AM
but if you have paragraph text, could the text box be postscript filled?

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the thoughts but I have no idea what it was. I converted it to Artistic, nothing, then Curves again nothing, finally I clicked "Make text web compatible" and it all went away. Desperate things call for desperate measures. :) At that point I was clicking anything I could see. :eek:

Mike Mackenzie
12-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Dave,

I am just wondering if the Corel is set-up correctly it just seems odd that it just started.

You can go here http://cemlasers.com/pg--19--Software-Setup.aspx and get the set-up instructions. I would be curious to see if it has to do with the font rasterizer.

Lisa Walter
12-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the thoughts but I have no idea what it was. I converted it to Artistic, nothing, then Curves again nothing, finally I clicked "Make text web compatible" and it all went away. Desperate things call for desperate measures. :) At that point I was clicking anything I could see. :eek:

HHmmm, I bet if you WANTED to do that, you couldn't make it happen! HAHA!

Dave Johnson29
12-13-2008, 2:39 PM
I am just wondering if the Corel is set-up correctly it just seems odd that it just started.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link, but this is on the computer in the office which is separate to the laser which is also on the network. It was weird as I had two lines of text already, then clicked to make the third line and it suddenly did the cross hatch. When I selected the pointer tool and clicked on the other text they too then went cross hatched.

Even when I converted to Curves, the cross hatch over the entire area disappeared and only the actual text was cross hatched in red.

I saved, shut down Corel and restarted and it was the same when I loaded that sheet back in. I deleted the text and did it again and now it is fine. I have not been able to make it do the cross hatch since. :confused: