PDA

View Full Version : It SNOWED!!!!!!

Kevin Arceneaux
12-11-2008, 8:33 AM
I know for most of ya, this is no big deal. But since I moved from PA to LA 26 years ago this is the most snow I have seen.

Jim Becker
12-11-2008, 8:38 AM
Erik from MiniMax who lives in Austin TX told me yesterday that they also had snow. Houston was on the news on the same subject this morning.

Welcome to the wild and wacky world we live in!!

Bonnie Campbell
12-11-2008, 9:09 AM
Snowed here this morning too. Beats the tornado that went over the house Tuesday night :eek: of course there 'wasn't' a tornado since 'the powers that be' decided there wasn't......

Thomas Knighton
12-11-2008, 9:25 AM
Since we're catching that storm now, it makes me wonder what we'll get ;)

Joe Pelonio
12-11-2008, 9:28 AM
We're supposed to get a dose of the white stuff this weekend, the first of the year.

Paul Greathouse
12-11-2008, 9:50 AM
We got it in Lake Charles too Kevin, but not nearly as much as you did. The wife and I got up about 6:30 this morning to find a light covering on the ground but it soon switched back to rain and now there is very little left.

The weather station said the last time we got snow here was in 2006. The last time I remember a good covering around here was in the mid 80's. I was waiting for some friends to show up for a rabbit hunt when the snow started. We probably got 2-3 inches. That was truely fun and different. When a rabbit would bust out from cover he was so visible compared to the usual natural camouflage.

Like Kevin said, no big deal for alot of you northern guys, but a treat for us down here in hurricane alley.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-11-2008, 9:56 AM
Our youngest son and his wife called multiple times last night from Houston. They were excited about the snow. The DIL called this morning....all gone...

Belinda Barfield
12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Gee Kevin, could you maybe ship a little snow this way. We're in line for the storm, but at 72 degrees I'm pretty sure we won't get the white stuff.

Robert McGowen
12-11-2008, 11:49 AM
It did snow in Austin, Tx, but the amazing part is that it was 81 degrees that afternoon before it snowed. It is supposed to be a record high for the day.

Rob Bourgeois
12-11-2008, 4:01 PM
We got right at 3 inches here. Cool thing to build a sneaux man ( or 6 ) here with my kids who thought snow only occurred on TV.

Kevin...Its sneaux not snow. ;)

Here are some pics. Did I mention I liked Calvin and Hobbes?

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z55/robbourgeois1/P1000168.jpg

Jim Becker
12-11-2008, 4:06 PM
Oh, my...that's hilarious, Rob! :D

Rob Bourgeois
12-11-2008, 4:12 PM
I got one more.... A little sick more suited for halloween. This is what you get for having a sick twisted sense of humor...and no supervision. Yes I did those without my kids...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z55/robbourgeois1/P1000173.jpg

Jerry Olexa
12-19-2008, 5:58 PM
Unusual for LA.. We rec'd 8" last night. My back is sore from shoveling..

Tim Morton
12-19-2008, 6:07 PM
wow ..snow.....cool:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p

Glenn Clabo
12-19-2008, 6:16 PM
Okay..That's just way too funny!

Dave Anderson NH
12-19-2008, 8:14 PM
I'll take the snow to the ice storms any day. I was 4 days without power and some of my co-workers are in day 8 and hoping they'll get it back before Christmas. Crews are here from as far away as TN. Right now it's snowing for the first time since Wednesday:D We're supposed to get 8-12" here with larger amounts in southern New England. By tomorrow morning all the roads will be clear. Another storm is coming on Sunday so there's no doubt about a white Christmas here. Only 3 times in 20 years in Chester have we had a brown Christmas.

Chris Padilla
12-19-2008, 8:25 PM
Snow?? What's that? All we get is rain here.... :(

I had to actually mow the grass one Christmas Eve.... :(

Greg Cuetara
12-19-2008, 8:40 PM
Rob those are pretty funny.

Dave at least you still have a house. My Sister's new husband lives in Chester and lost his house to a tree. Up here in Auburn we are on the outskirts of this storm but we are supposed to get 12" sunday and another big one on wed.

That is pretty cool to get snow down in LA though. probably enough to make a mess and cause havok though.

Greg

Dennis Peacock
12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
It's been too cold here to snow....I would have taken lots of snow as to the sleet and freezing rain we got over 2 days.

It's all melted away now and the world is looking more normal.

Brian Effinger
12-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Rob, I missed those when this thread was first posted. Way too funny :D And C&H was the first thing I thought of when scrolling past them.

Mike Cutler
12-19-2008, 11:05 PM
wow ..snow.....cool:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p

:D,:D,:D,:D,:D:D

Ayhup nayber, rite 'bout here we lite up r pipes.

Too funny Tim

I've got about 10" to clear in the morning, it's still not done snowing here. The JD tractor and plow is gonna get a workout tomorrow.

Brian J. Williams
12-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I once heard a weatherman (weatherperson??) say it can't snow when it's below zero. And Belinda taunting us with tales of not needing a sweater. Come to Montana, where it's currently -19F (w/ wind chills near -35F) and snowing lightly. A good night for a hot cup of something.

Brian

Bob Rufener
12-21-2008, 12:03 PM
We've had about 30 inches already and winter has just begun. -8 degrees this morning and the wind is howling. I just finished blowing out my driveway and almost froze. 9 inches of snow on Thursday, 4 more yesterday and more in the forecast. I would be pleased to send the remaining winter snow to your destination at no charge.

David G Baker
12-21-2008, 12:21 PM
There is now around 28 inches on the ground, it is still snowing and the wind is blowing so the snow is horizontal. The temp is 14 above but I am not sure of the wind chill temp. I am waiting for the wind to slow down and for the snow to stop for a enough time to get my drive cleared.
I don't mind the cold as long as the wind isn't blowing hard, in fact I like the temp to be around the low 20s when I do the drive so I don't sweat and catch a chill.