PDA

View Full Version : Oneway banjo on Nova lathe

Bob Hamilton
12-10-2008, 8:50 PM
Hi:
Well, Santa came a bit early to my house. I got a Oneway banjo for my Nova DVR, hoping it will get rid of the vibration I have been getting when using my large curved tool rest on deep bowls. It certainly seems to be a well made piece of equipment. Unfortunately there is a clearance problem under the bed. The Nova banjo clamp plate has a countersunk cap screw going up from the bottom side of the plate into the cam follower on the banjo so it is flush on the bottom and nothing sticks out. The Oneway has an eyebolt hanging down from the banjo with a locking nut underneath the clamp plate. There is not enough space above the cross ribs under the bed for the nut to pass over them when sliding the banjo down the bed. I called Kevin Clay at Oneway and he suggested getting the clamp plate counterbored so the nut will be recessed into the bottom of the plate far enough to clear the ribs. I will see if I can get one of the machinists at work to have a go at it on Friday when I go back in.

Just a heads up in case any other Nova owners were planning this upgrade.

Take care
Bob

http://www.bobhamswwing.com/justpics/images3/100_9100-640.jpg

Mark Rios
12-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I don't know about a Oneway banjo on a Nove lathe but I have a Yamaha piano on an Armstrong floor.