PDA

View Full Version : Corel Envelope Tool

Kevin Baker
12-10-2008, 2:06 PM
Hi Everyone -

Playing with the Envelope Tool in Corel. I'm trying to duplicate the attached graphic. Other than spending endless hours pushing and pulling nodes around, is there a quicker way?

Thanks,
Kevin

Mike Mackenzie
12-10-2008, 2:08 PM
Kevin,

You must have saved this as X4 I can not open it in my X3.

AL Ursich
12-10-2008, 2:29 PM
No for 12 either Shipmate.

FCC(SW) Retired:cool:

Kevin Baker
12-10-2008, 4:12 PM
Here it is in V12. Sorry about that.

:)

Mike Null
12-10-2008, 4:39 PM
Just group it, select and drag a copy where you want it and right click.

Or group, hit the + key then drag.

The grouping isn't really necessary but can save a little grief if you don't select it all.

Gary Hair
12-10-2008, 4:53 PM
Kevin,
I had a need for something like this a while back and didn't figure it out. I played with it a bit today and found a pretty good solution. Hopefully I can explain it well enough...

1. Create the top half of the inner shape of the fish using an ellipse. I created the ellipse and adjusted until I was happy with the shape. Copy and past this ellipse and move down until it matches the bottom of the fish.
2. Draw a rectangle that is much taller than the fish and as wide as the text in the original.
3. Group the two ellipses.
4. Select the ellipses and the rectangle and press C and E - this will center horizontally and vertically.
5. Using the smart fill tool, fill in the area inside the rectangle/ellipse - I use black just for visibility
6. Select the curve that is created by the smart fill and move it off to the side.
7. With this curve, select no fill and hairline
8. Type in your text and select whatever font you want to use
9. Select the text and the curve, press C & E to center
10. Drag the text to the same width as the curve, don't worry about height yet
11. Select the envelope tool
12. Select the eyedropper (Create from) and select the curve
13. Click on apply

The text will take on the shape of the curve. Now you can draw the rest of the fish and place the text inside.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know where you have problems and I'll try to either explain differently or post some screen shots.

Gary

George D Gabert
12-10-2008, 5:00 PM
Kevin

Not sure exactly what you want but if this is it. There are several ways.

1) select all elements, arange, group.

2a) select group, edit, copy, paste.
or
2b) select group, edit, duplicate, move new copy
or
2c) select group, edit, clone, move new copy
or
2d) select group, transformation (places copy where you instruct)

Regards
GDG

Kevin Baker
12-10-2008, 5:28 PM
Guess I didn't do a good job explaining what I wanted to do....however Gary you hit it on the head... the only problem I had was #13... I had to click on one of the nodes to get the word to take the shape of the inner shape.. I could find apply anywhere.

THANKS so much everyone for helping me..

Kevin