PDA

View Full Version : FWW review of 6" ROS

Robert Meyer
12-10-2008, 1:20 PM
I was reading the latest Tools and Shops issue article reviewing 6" Random Orbital Sanders when I noticed a rather glaring omission .. the Porter Cable 7336 variable speed ROS. Since mine has been a real workhorse (sanding down layers of fiberglass and epoxy on boats and still sanding fine cherry wood projects) I can't believe they just forgot this tool. I've heard rumors of PC changing their product line to cheaper items ... but please don't tell me the 7336 (and comparable quality tools) will be gone.

Justin Leiwig
12-10-2008, 1:37 PM
I was reading the latest Tools and Shops issue article reviewing 6" Random Orbital Sanders when I noticed a rather glaring omission .. the Porter Cable 7336 variable speed ROS. Since mine has been a real workhorse (sanding down layers of fiberglass and epoxy on boats and still sanding fine cherry wood projects) I can't believe they just forgot this tool. I've heard rumors of PC changing their product line to cheaper items ... but please don't tell me the 7336 (and comparable quality tools) will be gone.

The 7336 has been gone from store shelves for over a year now. I imagine anything left at other retailers is just overstock. You can still get it online, but not in the stores. I'm sure that's why it was not included in the review.