PDA

View Full Version : For salt-side-down satisfaction....

Mitchell Andrus
12-10-2008, 9:10 AM
Ritz, Saltines, Wheat Thins, or ?

I'm on a Wheat Thins kick this month.

Jim Becker
12-10-2008, 9:15 AM
While I prefer the lower sodium version these days, I've always had an affection for Ritz crackers and their buttery flavor. My kids are finally starting to eat more of them than many of the saltier stuff they have generally preferred...which is good as my older somewhat has an addition to snacking, especially when stressed. In that, she's beginning to do very un-teenager like things, such as pulling out an apple to eat instead of a half a box of Cheezits or Goldfish... :)

Joe Pelonio
12-10-2008, 10:28 AM
We have been trying to eat healthier, and trying some of the lower sodium whole wheat versions. Definitely not the same, but so far we've managed to
keep with it as "better than nothing." I can't remember when I last had a good old fashioned potato chip.

glenn bradley
12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Can't remember the last time I ate any kind of "snack" cracker. It was proabably last year around this time at a holiday function. I'm just not a snack kinda guy. Don't care much for sweets either; drives LOML nuts . . . as in: "How can you have peanut M&M's in the pantry for months and not eat them?" -or- "How can you just walk by the fudge samples at Costco and not even look at them?".

Jim Becker
12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Glenn, I don't have your lack of need for...(good) chocolate...that's for sure!! I'll take it over crackers any day. :D

Michael Schapansky
12-10-2008, 12:20 PM
None of the above. More and more lately we have been producing our own stuff from scratch. My wife has been making crackers for the last few months and they are terrific! While I like the plain ones quite a bit, the flavored crackers are great too. Parmeseano Reggiano, fresh and home dried herbs and cracked pepper. Oh boy they're good. She doesn't over salt them and they don't need anything but eating. Great. It's been a week and a half since she's made some and now I'm craving them.

Mitchell Andrus
12-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh, yea... forgot about Goldfish.

Derek Tuchscherer
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Triscuit for me...with a slice of jalopeno on top...MMMMMMMMmmmmm

Jamie Delker
12-10-2008, 2:05 PM
Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its!

http://www.cheez-it.com/cgi-bin/brandpages/fileBlob.pl?md5=e995fa18ac8f23327bd7e424843c0959

They're not really that hot and/or spicy, but they taste amazing.

But, since I'm having to reduce my salt/fat intake lately, I find the reduced fat Cheez-Its really aren't all that bad.

Jason Beam
12-10-2008, 2:14 PM
I'm a club cracker fan, these days. With some tuna on top. But definitely salt-down!

Pat Germain
12-10-2008, 2:41 PM
I've been eating Keebler multigrain crackers. Yummy!

Matt Ocel
12-10-2008, 2:44 PM
Ritz -

I'm very Rain Man when it comes to eating them.

When you open a sleeve, you eat the whole sleeve.

Maybe, just maybe, the dogs get one.

Dan Mages
12-10-2008, 3:19 PM
If we have to talk crackers, then wheat thins. But my ultimate salty fix are the wickedly good bavarian pretzels I make with Portugese sea salt!!

Dan

mark page
12-10-2008, 9:02 PM
I LIKES THEM ALL. Plus those "Snyders of Hanover" bits. Then you gots to have the pepper jack cheese and all the other flavors to top them all off with. Then you gots to have a good lager to flush them down with. Then you gots to have.........:p:p:p