PDA

View Full Version : laguna band saw 16

Vince Shriver
12-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Looking at the Laguna website, I see two 16 inch saws priced at $1795. One is labeled "300 series". Anyone know what the 300 is as compared to the regular 16 inch bandsaw? The "HD" I assume is a production model at a much increased price.

Rick Fisher
12-10-2008, 1:53 AM
It appears that the "3000" series has a 3hp Leeson and a different fence and guides. The LT model has a baldor motor and what looks like a shorter fence. They both have a 12" resaw capacity.

The HD model has a 4.5 hp motor and a 13" resaw capacity and a much bigger table.

The bigger table is nice. The higher resaw capacity might be nice. The extra power will likely never be noticable unless you resaw some hard and tall wood.

Either way, the HD is more saw and more money.

Rick Fisher
12-10-2008, 1:57 AM
I would ask them where the 3000 series is made. They dont mention it being a European saw, which they do with all the other ones..

They are offering free shipping.. I wonder if its from Taiwan or China. I know there wide belt sanders are from China ...

Upon reading it again, I wonder if they took there old saw to China, added a bunch of cool features and are selling it at a good price. The Leeson motor is a bit odd but leeson makes good motors..

It appears that Leeson is making some motors in Asia. If you find out where its made, let us know.