PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Creekers attention!

Dewey Torres
12-09-2008, 10:08 PM
My in-laws live in Rochester.

I am traveling there for the holidays and anyone who wishes to meet me (and that I am able to go visit) is welcome to post.

Send me a PM.

I know I am not David Marks or Norm Abram it is just a general invite amongst fellow wood workers. I will try as I can to come see you (if you wish) and talk woodworking/ holidays if I can. Otherwise, I wish all a happy holidays season!

Jim Becker
12-10-2008, 9:19 AM
You have snow-shoes? :D :D :D

Seriously, enjoy your travels. That's a nice area.

David G Baker
12-10-2008, 9:24 AM
Jim,
Dewey is from Colorado where they get real snow, the snow in Michigan is sissy snow compared to what they get in parts of Colorado. People in Colorado are born with snow shoes. :D

Walt Caza
12-11-2008, 7:29 AM
Hi Dewey,
Visiting your inlaws eh?
Once I cross the border, it would not take me much longer than an hour's
drive to reach Rochester.
Since I already owe you pop and chips,
(and maybe a bag of mini chocolate bars)
from the Morris thread...
I would try my best to come and shake your hand in Michigan.

We can pm the particulars,
hope it works out,
Walt

ps all Creekers welcome, any interest?

Rob Luter
12-11-2008, 7:41 AM
Jim,
Dewey is from Colorado where they get real snow, the snow in Michigan is sissy snow compared to what they get in parts of Colorado. People in Colorado are born with snow shoes. :D

Hey David - Ever spend any time on the West side in the lake effect zone? We get some big accumulation over here. Da Yoopers do OK too.

Joe Chritz
12-11-2008, 7:52 AM
I would love to but unless you are traveling near the center of the state I know I am not going to the Metro area.

Rochester isn't bad but don't judge the rest of us by the Metro Detroit area. :cool:

Hope the trip is pleasant.

Joe

mike holden
12-11-2008, 8:32 AM
Dewey,
when are you going to be in town? Rochester has a lot of nice restaurants, perhaps we can meet for a lunch or dinner? My workshop is open to you as well, if you just want to talk wood and techniques.
Mike

Jim Becker
12-11-2008, 8:37 AM
Dewey is from Colorado where they get real snow

True, but it evaporates the next day in his neighborhood... :D That said, the view to the west for him is outstanding. (We spend a couple days of our summer vacation in his neighborhood this year, but unfortunately, his work schedule and our leisure schedule didn't mesh for a 'Creeker meeting)