PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 4000 Table Saw & Jointech Saw Train

Todd Pretty
12-09-2008, 2:57 PM
Hi,

This is my first post here. I've been lurking for a long time, and I've finally found a reason to post. I love the ideas found here, and I'm really hoping you guys can help.

I'm currently in the process of putting together a very portable work shop, for two reasons (A) I have no shop space and (B) during the summers, my buddy and I have been doing higher end finishing carpentry on boat access only islands.

I'm about to start on my first kitchen project. (I've installed them, but never built them from scratch) It will be in my own apartment, and most of the work will be done on the deck and in the living room when it is torn apart. This is to save both money (I'd rather spend it on tools then on someone else's labour) and for the experience. I'll also be building all my own doors.

I've purchased the EZ system, to help with cutting up material for boxes, etc, but I still find that I'm using the table saw, so it needs to stay around. I've also changed my plans and I want all the drawers to have dovetail joints. So, I was in the process of finding a dovetail jig, I was either looking at the Leigh or the Incra, however, I've since found out about the jointech system. I'm losing interest in the Leigh, since it is a bit of a one-trick pony, and I'm becoming more and more interested in some form of a fence system.

My question is whether or not I can use the Jointech saw train on the Bosch 4000 portable saw. I was thinking about using the floating tables, so that I could maintain the portability of the bosch while also adding the option of using it as a router table (something I dont yet have). I also hate the bosch fence, so if I could do away with it, I would be very happy.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Todd