PDA

View Full Version : PM 2000 owners

Tom Godley
12-09-2008, 2:50 AM
I have a PM 2000 TS with the 50 inch fence.

The fence extension is basically a plywood torsion box with a laminate top.

The top has warped a little bit so that the center of the edge along the cast wing is raised. The fence hits this lip!

Has anyone had a similar issue?

The edge of the cast wings do not have any holes taped into them. When I put it together I thought it was a bad design. There is no way to attach the extension to that edge of the wing.

I have never tried to drill into a cast wing - I was thinking that maybe I could clamp the table flat and drill through the wood and into the cast wing. I could then tap the hole or used a bolt and nut.

How difficult is it to drill cast iron.

Fred Belknap
12-09-2008, 6:29 AM
Cast iron is fairly easy to drill and tap. You should be able to do what you are thinking of doing without any problelms.

peter de tappan
12-09-2008, 6:59 AM
I had the same problem with my Deluxe Xacta saw. I slightly loosened the bolts holding the table extension to the rails and attached a C clamp under the table to hold the wing to the table extension. Then, with a rubber mallet, I tapped the table extension level with the wing and parallel with the rails and tightened everything up, leaving the C clamp in place. Easier than drilling the wing.

Jim Becker
12-09-2008, 8:30 AM
Easy to drill cast iron as stated. Get your mounting points, clamp the table flat with cauls and bolt 'er on tight.