PDA

View Full Version : Best

Angus Hines
12-08-2008, 3:40 PM
Site to start a blog? Any opinions out there?:D

Thomas Knighton
12-08-2008, 4:06 PM
I'm partial to Wordpress. Free to start, but if you want your own hosted blog, they're fully capable to import everything from your old blog to your new one.

It also happens to be pretty easy to use as well ;)

Angus Hines
12-08-2008, 4:07 PM
Thanks, I don't blog and I dont read them so trying to figure out which is best so I can start blogging!

Thomas Knighton
12-08-2008, 4:14 PM
No prob. I've tried several, but I really like Wordpress over all. If you have any specific questions, just shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to help :D

Joe Pelonio
12-08-2008, 5:01 PM
I've never done it myself, but my daughter is happy with blogspot.

Eric DeSilva
12-08-2008, 5:12 PM
+1 for Wordpress. Very easy to customize, and about a gazillion add ons and themes to make it very personal. My site is hosted by enomcentral, so I can do other things with it b'sides running wordpress.

Jim Becker
12-08-2008, 9:00 PM
I use Blogger.com. Easy to use, especially with the new visual design editor that a non-geek can use. You can even do a custom domain name at any point you decide you want one. Wordpress is great, but in most cases, you need to know how to actually set it up. Not generally for non-computer savvy folks...at least that I've seen. But I could be wrong about that. I've worked with it on my hosting service, but chose to stay with Blogger for simplicity. (And I can code if I wanted to)

Pat Germain
12-09-2008, 3:46 PM
I think blogging is about dead. The Twitter format is the future.

Jim Becker
12-09-2008, 9:01 PM
I think blogging is about dead. The Twitter format is the future.

"Twitter" certainly is a major social phenomenon, but blogs still give you the change to wax eloquently in more than 150 characters...about what SMS (text messages) allow per message.

Pat Germain
12-09-2008, 10:12 PM
"Twitter" certainly is a major social phenomenon, but blogs still give you the change to wax eloquently in more than 150 characters...about what SMS (text messages) allow per message.

I agree, Jim. But there are now so many bloggers spewing so much prose, it's hard for any blogger, let alone a new blogger, to get anywhere. I think bloggers are just getting lost in all the background noise.