PDA

View Full Version : Christmas present???

John Terefenko
12-08-2008, 3:25 PM
I am looking to buy myself a Christmas present and I want it to be a chuck for my Jet midi lathe 1220. What is a good one and why??? Where can I get a good price??? A scroll chuck that can be worked one handed yea that might be the ticket, what do you think??

Rod Sheridan
12-08-2008, 4:31 PM
http://www.oneway.ca/chucks/talon.htm

Hi John, I have the above Oneway chuck and like it very much........Regards, Rod.

Skip Spaulding
12-08-2008, 5:07 PM
Woodcraft has Supernova2 on sale with free shipping. Have a Merry Christmas:D

Bill Bolen
12-08-2008, 5:08 PM
Bob Goad has a deal going on the bay check this item number Item number: 310101571196
The nova g3 is a great chuck. He is offering free shipping and a free insert. I have bought several items from him in the past and I have found him and his goods first rate...Bill...

Jim Kountz
12-08-2008, 7:21 PM
William if thats the same guy I got mine from I think he may also have the Supernovas as well. Is he in Canada?

Curt Fuller
12-08-2008, 9:42 PM
John, any of the Nova, Oneway, or PSI chucks will work great on a smaller lathe. I personally like my PSI Barracuda II that I use on my Delta Midi. It comes threaded to 1" x 8tpi and comes with 4 sets of jaws. That's a pretty good deal for the money and it's usually cheapest through Amazon. I gotta say though, if you've been turning without a chuck, you're about to open a whole new world of turning. I turned for a year or so without one and I can't even imagine how I did it now.

Jeff Nicol
12-08-2008, 11:10 PM
I just got my PSI with the 4 sets of jaws last week and for the money it is a great chuck! Very smooth to operate and much smaller than my oneway stronghold! I have a inbetween nova but it is is tightened with 2 rods. So if money is no object get the oneway if money is tight the PSI is great!

Merry Christmas!

Jeff