PDA

View Full Version : Bethlehem Olive Pen

Dan Stuewe
06-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Since I knew I wasn't going to win the olivewood pen blanks given away earlier this month, I bought several from Bethlehem OliveWood via ebay. I made a European style as well as this Wall Street style.

I will definatly be buying more blanks from Bethlehem for both gifts as well as for Freedom Pens my Bible study group is going to help make.

The blanks were plenty big for any pen I can imagine and were pretty well packaged. They came quickly and I am very happy with the results.

Thanks for looking.

(BTW, this pen was given to my daughter's Kindergarten teacher this morning - the Euro style goes to the teacher's aide.)

Chris Padilla
06-10-2004, 12:39 PM
That is some cool looking wood, Dan, and a mighty fine job on the pen!

Dan Stuewe
06-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks, Chris. It is interesting wood. I'm more used to working with resin impregnated burls which are touchy, but the resin helps. I had to do a fair amount of fixing the other pen I made. I even pulled out the pencil "lead" dust and epoxy trick to fill some hairline cracks and a knot hole in that one.

BTW, I looked back at the ebay auction where I purchased the blanks and it actually didn't say "Bethlehem OliveWood", but the info in the auction looked just like the web site that is linked to the SMC give-a-way post, so I just assumed it was the same outfit.