PDA

View Full Version : worksharp 3000

John Borgwardt
12-08-2008, 2:27 PM
Has anyone made a platform for the worksharp 3000 for sharpening wide blades yet? If so could you post some pictures? I was thinking a piece of formica on mdf would be nice & flat. I have the lee valley jig for sharpening and I think it would work just fine with it. Thanks John :D

James Hart
12-08-2008, 2:38 PM
John,

You may be aware of this, they came out with an attachment for this in the past 30 days or so. It works great. I got it at Rockler for $60 less 15% on a coupon.

Jim

harry strasil
12-09-2008, 9:09 PM
they have a plane blade attachment now, a bit pricey but it looks like it would work well. my home grown one is temporarily lost on one of the benches, but it is just a piece of oak undercut upto withing a 1/4 inch of one side to make sure the blade is square to the wheel with a small batten glued and screwed to the bottom so that the proper angle is maintianed, then a half inch from that two 3/16 holes are drilled with 3/16 dowels in them to put a micro bevel on the very end, the blade is held in place by a piece of oak crossways on to and two small machine screws up thru both pieces with wing nuts on top. you will also need a story stick to get thee proper sticck out to maintain tthe proper angle on the end. Hope this is understandable.