PDA

View Full Version : Norm's Office Chair

Andrew Nemeth
12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Does anyone happen to know who is the manufacturer of the office chair pictured on page 37 of Fine Wood Working's Nov 2008 issue? It is in the Norm Abram's kitchen cabinet article. My fiancee loves the chair and wanted to know how to go about finding one.

Jerome Hanby
12-08-2008, 1:18 PM
I'd go to the NYWS site and post the question there. Norm seems really good about answering this type of question.

Andrew Nemeth
12-08-2008, 2:08 PM
Jerome,

I looked at the NYWS site first and did not seem to find anywhere to send an e-mail or join a forum. Am I missing something?

Jerome Hanby
12-08-2008, 2:14 PM
On his main page, click the Shop Notes at teh top of the page. At teh bottom of the Shop Notes page is a button to send mail. Hope that helps! It's for sure not intuitive :D

Jerome,

I looked at the NYWS site first and did not seem to find anywhere to send an e-mail or join a forum. Am I missing something?

Andrew Nemeth
12-08-2008, 2:35 PM
Thanks again Jerome, I found the link and fired off the question.

Dan Eldredge
01-23-2009, 2:51 PM
It's a famous chair by Charles & Ray Eames. Called the 'Aluminum' group. It's a classic design that's probably available from many places, but I believe that it's produced by Herman Miller? here's a link to it on design within reach. There are different options if you search on that site.

http://www.dwr.com/product/furniture/workspace/task+chairs/eames-aluminum-management-chair-hm-leather.do?sortby=ourPicks

Matt Meiser
01-23-2009, 9:54 PM
I'm guessing Herman Miller too. Looks just like some chairs we had at my old job and all the furniture there was Herman Miller.

I think this is the group--Eames Aluminum like Dan said.
http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/1,1592,a10-c440-p39,00.html

The ones we had were high back and sat very low to the floor. They were in these "collaboration rooms" they put in. They were quite comfortable, but hard to get out of, even for those of us in the younger crowd. I'd imagine a normal height one would be great.