PDA

View Full Version : etsy.com

David Walser
12-08-2008, 9:24 AM
Any of you guys use Etsy.com to sell your turnings? This may be old hat for a lot of you, but I'd never heard of the site until a few minutes ago. Evidently it's a lot like Ebay, but it's focus is on the sale of crafts and handmade items. I spent a few minutes browsing and there's quite a few turned items available. Some pretty nice. Others...

Andrew Nemeth
12-08-2008, 9:57 AM
I have never used it to sell my work but my fiancee has purchased a lot of stuff from there. It looks like smaller ticket items sell relatively well if you look at purchase histories for the individual sellers. Expensive items do not look like they move very fast (which is why I have not spent the time to build a site for myself on etsy). I thought it could be a great additional tool to selling your wares in person. Once you have built a customer base that knows the quality of the work you produce it sure looks like a convenient way to set up on online shop.

Jim Becker
12-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I've purchased jewelry off Etsy and was impressed with the operation. Like anything, if you have something that has some uniqueness and can commit to supply what folks want to buy as well as accept the site commission, it might be a nice way to do business without setting up your own website, etc.