PDA

View Full Version : From Friday's launch

Bruce Page
12-07-2008, 9:53 PM
From our launch last Friday out of Kodiak AK.
We had a full missile intercept (at 22,000 mph)
I hope these aren’t getting old. :o

(Kodiak’s getting old) :mad:

Matt Ocel
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Are you kiddin me?

This is was makes America great!!!!!

Keep em comin.

Jim Becker
12-08-2008, 7:49 AM
You shot the target, right? I remember reading about the test on MSNBC.com the other day.

Glenn Clabo
12-08-2008, 8:27 AM
Nice shot Bruce...you seemed to have made it through the weather and had a successful shot...and shoot down! Sweet.

Chris Padilla
12-08-2008, 4:50 PM
Saweeeeeeet!!!! :D

Joe Mioux
12-08-2008, 5:24 PM
i like it when you show things getting blown up or launched.

joe

Cliff Rohrabacher
12-08-2008, 6:07 PM
woo hoo Close encounters.
It's good to see tax dollars doing something.

Dewey Torres
12-08-2008, 6:49 PM
Hey... just a second here!

Bruce. Do you know who I am?

I am the Command Senior Chief at the Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense (JFCC-IMD). I work hand in hand with the Missile Defense Agency. This was FTG-05 man that's our event. I don't usually talk about events but this one was unclassified. Yep I saw the whole thing from my Operations Center. Not as cool as when we shot the spy satellite but still cool.:D

Now I get your avatar. You are a GBI guy. Weird how we mix missile defense and woodworking huh?

Bruce Page
12-08-2008, 8:55 PM
Hey... just a second here!

Bruce. Do you know who I am?

I am the Command Senior Chief at the Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense (JFCC-IMD). I work hand in hand with the Missile Defense Agency. This was FTG-5 man that's our event. I don't usually talk about events but this one was unclassified. Yep I saw the whole thing from my Operations Center. Not as cool as when we shot the spy satellite but still cool.:D

Now I get your avatar. You are a GBI guy. Weird how we mix missile defense and woodworking huh?

It’s a small world. I build & test the pointy end. The whole process from prints to flight certification takes about a year. This is my 5th RV out of Kodiak (2 out of Barking Sands). My only direct involvement with the Polaris is when I mount the RV onto the 3rd stage Orbus. They tried to get me to work on the missile side of the house several years ago but those guys work way too many hours! :eek:

Did ya get a FTG-05 hat?

Andrew Derhammer
12-08-2008, 8:57 PM
Schweet,

Andrew (who's looking to go to college for aerospace engineering :D)

Dewey Torres
12-08-2008, 9:34 PM
Did ya get a FTG-05 hat?

No. Sadly I did not get a hat but...

If you can get me one I will send you my command coin.

If it is a deal, please PM me your address.

Bruce Page
12-08-2008, 9:42 PM
Those are cool

Pat Germain
12-08-2008, 9:43 PM
I would have seen the shot. But I didn't go to work today. I spent all day in the shop. :D

I'm glad everything worked. That makes it less likely I'll be looking for another job soon.

And yes, I too am the proud owner of a JFCC-IMD Command Coin.

Jim Becker
12-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Well, I gotta say you missile jockeys have some pretty kewel collectibles!