PDA

View Full Version : anyone with a molder want a small job

Larry Fox
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I am looking for someone with a molder who can do a very small run of casement molding for me. I am looking for something like in the pics attached in the 1 3/8 wide range. It doesn't have to be exactly as attached. It is to frame a simple little recessed cubby for my bathroom. I only need about 8' of the molding, I need it in walnut and I can (and would prefer to) supply the wood.

While I am sure that I could do it myself, by the time I buy the bits for my router table, set it up, build any jigging etc it would likely work out to be cheaper to have someone with a molder do it. PM me if interested and we can work out the cost and logistics.

Dick Strauss
12-07-2008, 1:39 PM
Larry,
Purchasing the molding cutters will probably cost more than buying the custom molding from your local lumber yard. You may get lucky where someone has a profile close to what you need but them being close enough for you to supply the wood is very unlikely.

Good luck,
Dick

Tony Joyce
12-07-2008, 3:12 PM
If you can use the 2-1/4" width Steve Wall will have this in walnut. In North Carolina, but he will ship.

Tony Joyce

Larry Fox
12-07-2008, 4:04 PM
Oh - I never thought about Steve Wall. I will give him a call, thanks.