PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ideas???

John Terefenko
12-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I have made the traditional birdhouse ornaments like many of you out there. I am looking for other shapes and design ideas for birdhouses. Has anyone done other designs that they have some photos of??? Or can you describe with a little bit of detail. My mind is blank which of course is nothing new but I am sure there are more creative people out there than me. I was approached by a women today at a craft show and she collects birdhouse ornaments and she loved mine and bought a few and she asked me if I make any other styles and I had to say no. It got me thinking and here I am. Anybody have any other themed houses??? Any help??? Thanks for the replys.

Guess I should have included a photo of mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/JTTHECLOCKMAN/CopyofIMGP0139.jpg

Steven DeMars
12-07-2008, 1:01 AM
How about a lighthouse style "birdhouse ornament or a church style birdhouse . . . . how about "spun metal" copper roof . . .or with shake shingles . . .

Steve

Jim Koepke
12-07-2008, 2:28 AM
Acorn shaped houses.

Look at all the cylindrical things you pass everyday and image it as a bird house. Many will seem odd, but some might ring a bell. Like an old clay liquor jug, or a fire hydrant. How about a bird house based on a chess piece like a rook?

Haystack

Beer keg

jim (no, I am round but not that round)

Jeff Nicol
12-07-2008, 6:00 AM
John, I just posted some yesterday that are different than yours. Your imagination is what holds the answers. Let the wood chips fly!

Jeff