PDA

View Full Version : Bird houses for me too!

Jeff Nicol
12-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey all, Here are some ornaments and mini bird houses I finished today! I was inspired by Bernie's bunch of bird houses! Just saw that Leo posted some also, it is that time of year!

I used a lot of different woods and materials from old bowling ball, acrylic pen blanks, old screwdriver handle and turned brass for the hangers and perches!

Lots of fun!

Jeff

Steve Schlumpf
12-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Quite the variety Jeff! Great use of a bunch of different materials! I'm sure they will make great gifts! Thanks for sharing!

Bernie Weishapl
12-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Great bunch of birdhouses Jeff. Lots of different materials. Well done.

Fred Childs
12-07-2008, 10:00 AM
About how big are these? It's tough to tell from the photos.

Jeff Nicol
12-07-2008, 4:35 PM
Fred,

The biggest ones are 5" from the top to the bottom of the final. The small one about 3". The ornaments some where in between. I was going to put some dimensions but spaced that out. I had to get them to the craft shop and the art gallery that sells my stuff and was in a hurry. Next time I will do it right!

Thanks all for your kind words!

Jeff

Ron Fleice
12-07-2008, 4:47 PM
Just one question....Is the one with the cross opening
for religious birds?:confused:
BTW nice bird house ornaments
Ron

Jeff Nicol
12-07-2008, 4:54 PM
Ron,

That one is just a plain ornament with a little Christmas faith cut into it. It may go to my In-laws as they are deeply religious, and my MIL loves my work! I need to make more so I better get back in the shop! My wife is gone till tomorrow so maybe I should get on the honey do list!

Thanks,
Jeff