PDA

View Full Version : new light source for acrylic ornaments

Dee Gallo
12-06-2008, 3:33 PM
I had someone email asking for snowflakes to fit these lights. She is going to send me a sample so I can make the hole fit the bulb. They look interesting and it's possible to hang in a window on a thread or from the ceiling, etc. She sent me this site:

http://www.littlebrightlights.com/site/1435548/product/5300-50

They are called balloon lights and made to illuminate a balloon from within, so I imagine they don't get hot. Obviously, they run on button batteries.

Has anyone else tried them?

cheers, dee

Ray Uebner
12-06-2008, 4:24 PM
They look like there is a lot of different types of lights. Thanks for the site, could try to use some in projects coming up. Thanks again.

Martin Boekers
12-08-2008, 2:17 PM
Hi Dee,

Actually I bought some awhile back. The company I got them from let you pick the colors. they were 6 for $12 free shipping.(ballons included) If your interested I'll track them down.

I did a lot of research on lighting awhile back for a client's daughters wedding.
They wanted lit center piece and lighted floating in water flowers. They have a lot of that on the net
you can find it with a bit of searching. There is some really cool things out there. I was amazed though I couldn't find any at local flower shops or carnival supplies. They are missing out.

I think the ones I bought were call Balloon Brights, they were LED with a 3 way button to set for slow flash, quick flash or constant on (really quick flash) they did lose intensity the faster you set the flash. They need to be used in a moderately dark room or your standard tavern:rolleyes:

I thought they were pretty neat though. I could imagine you could cause a bit of a stir if you would shape some of these together an turn them loose on a dark night. UFO's :eek: !!!

If you do some searches add wedding lights, flower lights etc, key words help quite a bit.

Marty

Ray Uebner
12-08-2008, 2:36 PM
Hi
Yes I would like some of the sorces you have. I have some ideas and think they would work great.
Thanks

Dee Gallo
12-08-2008, 2:39 PM
Thanks for the info, Marty. It's amazing the stuff that's out there sometimes. I'm eager to get the sample light and see how it looks.

cheers, dee