PDA

View Full Version : Scrollsaw Pattern Import??

Kevin Baker
12-06-2008, 9:20 AM
Hi Everyone -

Sorry it seems I've taken over here with all my questions, but believe me, I always try to do it myself before asking for help.

So I purchased all those plans from Great American Scrollsaw (http://www.greatamericanscrollsaw.com/). I haven't tried EVERY pattern, but I was able to open a few of them into Corel (I have X4), but a few of them I can't. I've restarted the computer and reopened Corel a few times. The attached file opens fine in Adobe but I get an error when trying to import or open in Corel. I've tried to export from adobe, etc, but nothing seems to work.

Before I contact the folks at great amercian scrollsaw I wanted to ensure others were getting the same problem.

Thanks for the help.
Kevin

Frank Corker
12-06-2008, 9:40 AM
I get file corrupted

Kevin Baker
12-06-2008, 9:53 AM
Frank -

Thanks, I sent you a PM.

Kevin

George M. Perzel
12-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi Kevin;
Corel indicates file you posted is corrupt. I was able to open it in Canvas, save it as an svg file and open it in Corel. File is copywrighted and too big to post. Send me your email.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts
gperzel@rochester.rr.com

George D Gabert
12-06-2008, 10:28 AM
The file was 3 pages. I extracted the pages into seperate files and I can import them seperately into corel x3.

I have pm'd you the extracted files

Regards
GDG

Doug Griffith
12-06-2008, 10:36 AM
It could be that:
1) elements exist outside of page boundary
2) Pathfinder applied without expanding
3) clipping paths exist

Otherwise the file looks "normal".

If you have Illustrator, I would Object:Expand Appearance and Clipping Mask:Release and Type:Create Outlines. Then I would move elements outside of page into page. Then save as legacy version 3.0 eps for importing into Corel.

Cheers,
Doug