PDA

View Full Version : ULS: Saving settings question

Dave Johnson29
12-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi All,

I am trying to save the preset programs in this older ULS 1700 Laser with a front panel shown below. Mike Mackenzie was kind enough to loan me the manual but his page 16 was missing and as you can guess the last thing on page 15 was...

"To change program parameters:"
"1. Press PROGRAM SELECT..."
down to...
" c. Press PULSE WIDTH key to store Pulse Width."

"Page 15"
:confused:
"Page 17"

I have tried every key combination I can think of but it always starts up with the same programs.

Mike Mackenzie
12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Dave,

I found these in a different manual for a similar system not the same as you have but see if this helps.

The file is to large I will have to e-mail it to you

Dave Johnson29
12-05-2008, 2:20 PM
I found these in a different manual for a similar system not the same as you have but see if this helps.

Hi Mike, Thanks for the PDF but that's the process I have been using. It only stores it for as long as the laser is left turned on. When I shut it down and fire it up the next day, all the settings are back as they were when I got the beast.

I will mess with it some more but it seems there is a glitch in the main board and with all the EEPROMS on there and no idea of the code, I think I may be stuck with it as it is.

Thanks again for the help though.

Mike Mackenzie
12-05-2008, 4:00 PM
Dave,

I am really stretching the old brain here but try this sequence 0 store mode in quick succession (that is a zero). If I am right the panel should flash quickly. If I am wrong it would not be the first time and the system should not explode. (maybe):cool:

Dave Johnson29
12-05-2008, 6:05 PM
try this sequence 0 store mode in quick succession

BINGO, Yup, and I meant to SHOUT that!!

That did it, thanks Mike. Seems your Brain is still up to the task. :):)