PDA

View Full Version : Corel Help

Kevin Baker
12-05-2008, 8:11 AM
Hi Everyone

Got two questions here. Searched the Corel help file, but can't seem to find the answer.

1 - How can I type Vertical? Help points me to Paragraph Formatting, but don't see anything in there about it.

2 - Offsetting things.. If I created a 3" circle and wanted to offset another circle by 1" (thus creating a 4" circle).

Thanks,
Kevin

Don Gares
12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
I assume that you want each character to be vertical thus I would just type one character, press enter, another character, press enter, etc. until the text is complete. Then I usually go in and set the horizontal alignment to "center" and then change the line spacing to about 80% of character height.

Gotta run so someone else will have to answer #2.

Don

Kevin Baker
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Don -

Got it to work as you said. Just didn't know if there was specific tool for this that I wasn't seeing.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Carl Sewell
12-05-2008, 11:54 AM
For question #2

One way:

Arrange> Transformations > Scale

Key in the new X,Y values and click on Apply to Duplicate

Gary Hair
12-05-2008, 1:06 PM
There are a lot of ways to solve question #2.

1. Copy, paste and resize
2. Use the offset tool
3. Create a new circle of the size you want, select both, press C and E to center them on each other
4. the way Carl suggested

I am sure there are many others - Corel seems to have many ways to accomplish most anything you want to do.

Gary

Carl Sewell
12-05-2008, 1:59 PM
For Number 1:

You can also use Fit Text to Path. Draw a vertical line. Type in your text. "Text> Fit text to path" and select the line. On the property bar (top of screen), the far left icon will be ABC on a curve. Select the arrow and choose the last item in the dropdown list. You can then use the shape tool to spread out the text.

Richard Rumancik
12-05-2008, 3:57 PM
For number 2

select first circle, press CONTROL + (on keypad) to copy onto itself. Then enter new circle size (4,4 in your case) press enter.

Tony Lenkic
12-05-2008, 4:05 PM
Kevin,

1 - When I need something in vertical text I type it in Xenetech with proper plate size, font and text height than copy/paste to Corel.

If you have something small ( not a bible) I can set it up for you and save as CDR file.

Here is a sample of it.

"Terry Pless"
12-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi, I do more reading than posting but I can help with question #2. click on your object (in this case your circle) then go to the tool bar and open the effects window then select contour. A side panel will open with 3 choices at the top select the one with the squares on it, the panel will then ask to inside, center, outside then the amount of offset wanted in mm/in (you can change between the two) then how many steps. In your case you click, outside then 1" and one step, then you can right click and use the break contour group apart choice to sperate the two from each other. The reason I like this it will do lines/shapes, colors. I use it on all my inlay work to allow for the curf (thickness) of the laser beam. I add .08/.09 outside contour for tight fitting inlay cuts. I also use the color selection in shades of grey for my 3D designs. It's a very usefull tool, play around with it some and I'm sure you'll come to use it on a regular basis. Good Luck Terry

Kevin Baker
12-06-2008, 5:34 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share, all the sugguestions worked and I'm off and running. :)