PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Marcus Hutchison
06-09-2004, 1:58 AM
I've been reading SMC for a while now & have enjoyed the posts, so I decided I should sign up & say Hello. I live in Russellville, Arkansas - Not too far from Dennis Peacock. I have a restaurant & a small cabinet shop. The restaurant pays the bills, but the cabinet shop is what I enjoy doing. I don't do a lot of cabinet work, but I stay busy & it pays for new tools. Every once in a while I even make dollar of two on the cabinets (not usually though). I have been doing more cabinet work this year, however, & eventually I would like to sell the restaurant & do cabinets full time.

Well anyway, just thought I would say hello & tell a little about myself. I have really learned a lot in the past few years from reading this & other forums on the net. It has been very helpful.

John Miliunas
06-09-2004, 7:55 AM
Oh no....Not *ANOTHER* "Arkie"!!! :eek: And one who lives close to Peacock, on top of it all! We're in trouble now! :D Well, at least, you're not in San Jose or Laguna, CA. You really need to get a hold of Dennis and keep him some company every now and again...The poor guy really stresses out when he ends up on his "on call" shifts. Maybe you could stop by his workplace and throw a handful of sawdust towards him to keep him from "Jonesing"! :D

Anyhow, welcome to the Creek! Yup, a great place to learn, share knowledge and even grab a chuckle or two. Sounds like you've already progressed enough in woodworking to do some *sharing*! (Ahem. That's a hint for pictures... :D ) Glad you decided to join up! Stop often and stay long. :cool:

Carl Eyman
06-09-2004, 7:57 AM
Welcome! We will be monitoring the progress of your career change. Though, I'd think anybody that can make a living in the restaurant business should make a killing in the cabinet line. Or is it the other way around?

Todd Burch
06-09-2004, 8:43 AM
If I read this properly, you'll be selling the business that is paying for the woodworking stuff, so you can do more woodworking stuff.... Hummm..... SOUNDS LIKE YOU REALLY HAVE A LOVE FOR IT!! I DO!

Welcome Marcus! Todd

Dick Parr
06-09-2004, 9:14 AM
Welcome Marcus!

Lars Thomas
06-09-2004, 9:25 AM
Welcome to the Creek. I think you'll enjoy it here. Lars

Earl Kelly
06-09-2004, 9:34 AM
Welcome marcus, How in the world do you find time to do woodworking while running a restaraunt? Everybody I know that has one works day and night 6-7 days a week!

Ken Salisbury
06-09-2004, 9:40 AM
I've been reading SMC for a while now & have enjoyed the posts, so I decided I should sign up & say Hello. I live in Russellville, Arkansas - Not too far from Dennis Peacock.
Welcome to The Creek ! ! ! ! My condolences for having to live close to Dennis :D

Jason Tuinstra
06-09-2004, 9:58 AM
Marcus, welcome aboard. Great group of guys here.

Chris Padilla
06-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Glad you climbed aboard the USS SMC! :) Feel free to wade in and get your feet wet...we're all good here! :) We like pictures, too! :D

Rob Littleton
06-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Russellville, Arkansas.........

I hear they are getting electricity and paved roads soon :-)

Welcome aboard. I certainly get a kick out of being on here and I am, by far, one the professional clan but it sure is fun and I sure learn a lot......

Donnie Raines
06-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the creek.

And the population continues to grow..... ;)

Rob Russell
06-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi there!

Since you've been lurking for a bit, you've probably noticed that you have to drag people's opinions out of them. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard!

Rob

Billy Reynolds
06-09-2004, 1:10 PM
:D Welcome aboard Marcus. I'm just down the road a few miles from Dennis. Dennis is the pro and I'm new to woodworking. Anybody keeping count of the ARKIES we have on this forum? :) :)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-09-2004, 1:16 PM
Wecome Marcus! :) Take and leave information as you deem necessary! As far as dragging out opinions.........Yeah! :rolleyes:

Again.........Welcome!

Zahid Naqvi
06-09-2004, 2:17 PM
Marcus, welcome to the creek. Dennis, Billy and myself work for the same company as well, hence the close proximity. I have several friends in Russellville, what's the name of your restaurant? perhaps that might ring a bell.

Zahid

Brad Schmid
06-09-2004, 2:25 PM
Welcome Marcus! Glad you joined.
Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

By the way, any dumb answers you might get from me are free :D
Pay attention to these other guys though, they know what they're talking about :)

Bruce Page
06-09-2004, 2:30 PM
Welcome Marcus!