PDA

View Full Version : X-Mass Gifts for woodworkers

Brian Tax
12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Hello, I have not been around in a while, my wife and I had a baby boy on Oct. 20, and free time does not exist any more. My wife and many others are asking me what I want for Christmas, other than baby stuff. Usually I have a bunch of tools picked out far ahead of time, but this year I am too tired to think.

So assuming some day I will have time to work some wood again, so what are some things that you want for Christmas, or other items that you have received or bought that you really like and recommend. Currently the only think that I can think of is the Worksharp 3000.

Happy Holidays, Brian

Scott Wigginton
12-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Here is the bulk of my list and best guesses on the price

Kreg K3 Master System - $130
Rigid Oscillating Spindle/Belt Sander - $130 refurb
Incra Guaranteed Square - $50
Veritas MK.II Honing Guide - $50
Dead-flat Granite Plate - $30
Jet Parallel Clamps - $35ea.
Uniklamps - $90 set
Dust Bee Gone Mask $35

OR

Permission to buy more Grizzly tools on eBay with MS Cashback (just got G0490, eyeballing the G0513x2 now!)

Recently bought:
Fenner PowerTwist V-belts - $10 per 5ft
G9849 Magnetic Base/Dial Indicator $30

EDIT: Oh yeah, also recently ordered a SharkGuard and bought a 52" Bies rail system

Also, don't forget the Suffolk Machinery buy 3 get 1 free bandsaw sale.

Hope this helps - Scott

Rod Sheridan
12-04-2008, 1:35 PM
Hi, the only item on my list was Christmas dinner for 50 people living in shelters in Toronto.

According to the bank statement, that's been purchased for me as my Christmas gift by Diann.

When I did accept Christmas gifts, I always asked for books, often about woodworking, achitecture, history etc. I like pulling books out of the bookcase and seeing the inscriptions inside the front cover, it always brings a smile to my face to be reminded of when/how I received the book.

My last acquisition was a 26 volume set of the works of Victor Hugo, each inscribed inside the cover by a person long dead, who purchased them for someone special for Christmas of 1896.

Regards, Rod.

Russ Sears
12-04-2008, 9:37 PM
Brian, I just wanted to congratulate you and your wife!
No power tools until you're sleeping again! I can relate. My wife and I are blessed with 5 daughters.