PDA

View Full Version : ext 36 / 75 watt alignment

john welsh
12-04-2008, 3:58 AM
hi being based in England getting hold of epilog means have to down the machine mid day and with the work load we have this isnt really an option
there fore can any one supply me with instructions or a down load file for aligning the red dot pointer and the laser beam .
ive done the burned tape stuff and i can align the beam in the top left corner but as soon as i move the carridge to the bottom left the beam id way off mark . if i then re align it and move the carridge back the same thing happens ?

any ideas would be appreciated .

Frank Corker
12-04-2008, 7:07 AM
Welcome to the Creek John.

The latest manual for your machine can be found here:

http://www.epilogfiles.com/ext_manual.pdf

I have to be honest and say I've never had any problems with the alignment on my beams and so I have never ventured to alter it in any way. I would suggest that the mirror on the left (visible on the left hand side) may have been moved and possibly the only one that needs alignment, but the latest manual is quite detailed and your answer is probably there.

Where are you in the UK and how come you are so busy? I'm dead in the water and kicking my heels most of the time.

Chris J Drew
12-04-2008, 7:27 AM
John, give me a call @ Identify Techsupport 01179 530 800 & I can talk you through it.

Steve Clarkson
12-04-2008, 7:59 AM
ive done the burned tape stuff and i can align the beam in the top left corner but as soon as i move the carridge to the bottom left the beam id way off mark . if i then re align it and move the carridge back the same thing happens ?

any ideas would be appreciated .

John,

I just aligned my Mini 24 and I will say that the instructions were horrible to read/follow. However, after figuring out how to do it, it's actually quite an easy process! One thing I will say, is that the written instructions tell you to align A, move to B, align B, then go back and check A's alignment.....and then to keep going back and forth until they are both perfectly aligned.

Frank Corker
12-04-2008, 8:15 AM
John, give me a call @ Identify Techsupport 01179 530 800 & I can talk you through it.

Chris, lovely to see you on the site. We have talked a few times on the phone.

john welsh
12-04-2008, 8:16 AM
thanks chris ill be intouch

john welsh
12-04-2008, 8:18 AM
thanks frank for your help and as to being busy well we have diversified into other markets apart from engraving , but that meant getting another 3 machines to move to the volume side of the market

john welsh
12-04-2008, 8:19 AM
thanks for the input steve by the end of this ill go get a job with epilog lol

Steve Clarkson
12-04-2008, 9:09 AM
I already applied for the job of manual writer......so you'll have to pick a different job!

Chris J Drew
12-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Chris, lovely to see you on the site. We have talked a few times on the phone.

Uncle Frank?...

Is that you??...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4CVoquSoeWY

:D

Frank Corker
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Yep but without the makeup on. You seem to spend a lot of time on YouTube mister!

Chris J Drew
12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeh, but I only look at stuff that's relevant ;)