PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a dumb little thing but.....

Bill Huber
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I have had the EB-3 for almost 2 years, when I first got it my saw did not have the T slot for the miter so I removed the washer from the EB-3. The problem with that is if you pull it back and the main part is off the table it will fall right on the floor, not that I have ever done that, and then you have to reset it and check it all out again.

Now I have a new saw I thought I would put it back on because of the size or the EB-3. Well I hated it, it was hard to get in the T when I went to put it on, like you had to use both hands and it was not that great to take it off. So I took the washer off again and just use it like I had for the last year and a half.

I was watching one of Charles Neil's videos the other day and saw him put is EB-3 on the saw....... What he did was just set it on the saw in the miter slot with the end of the EB-3 sticking out the back and then pulled it to him, so quick and easy.

I put the T washer back on the EB-3 and tried it, it worked great, goes on easy and come off easy. I can just use one hand to take it off and no now.

I guess that sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees. A simple little thing like that makes using the EB-3 some much better.

Peter Stahl
12-04-2008, 7:37 AM
I guess you can teach us old dogs new tricks. Good tip Bill, thanks.

Fred Belknap
12-04-2008, 8:30 AM
This probably dumber. What is an EB-3? I assume some kind of miter gauge.

Tim Thomas
12-04-2008, 9:34 AM
** Slaps head ** Dude, why couldn't I think of that?!?! I've got an EB-3 and have experienced the same frustration with getting that washer in the slot. Thanks for sharing a better way to do this, Bill. Little things like this make my limited shop time less frustrating and that much more enjoyable.

And Fred, you are correct, it is a miter gauge:
http://www.amazon.com/Osborne-EB-3-Miter-gauge/dp/B000067S19/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Bill White
12-04-2008, 9:59 AM
Took me a while to figure it out as well. Now I just slide it to the back of the saw and lift 'er out.
Bill

Bill Huber
12-04-2008, 10:24 PM
This probably dumber. What is an EB-3? I assume some kind of miter gauge.

I guess I should have stated that, but the method can be used with any miter guide, not just the ED-3.

Here is a link to the site, take a look at it, it is a really nice guide, I think.

http://www.osbornemfg.com/close-up.htm