PDA

View Full Version : I got my casters for my lathe stand.

Alan Trout
12-03-2008, 7:46 PM
A brief update on my DVR lathe stand progress. Well it has color on it. I sprayed the Rustoleum Hammered finish silver thinned a little Xylol. It went on pretty well and looks good. The paint drys to the touch very fast but seems to cure pretty slow so I will give it a few days before doing anymore work on it.

I also received my casters that I ordered from Great Lakes Caster Co. These are the Foot Master GD60S casters. They are not on their web site but they carry them. The quality if very good. These have the extendable ratchet mechanisms to lower the foot, which works great. About $120 for four with the 15% "Woodnet" discount. A bit cheaper than Zambus units but to me just as nice. I did install them on the base of the stand. They are very smooth and the ratchet mechanism is the only way to go. These casters are rated at 550lbs. each.

In the next few days I will give some updated pics of the lathe stand and the assembly progress.

Thanks,

Alan

Don Carter
12-03-2008, 8:36 PM
Alan:
Looking good for some wood chips there pretty soon. ;) BTW, that paint is a great match for the Nova hammered paint.

Keep the pics coming. I want to see this thing all put together.

All the best.

Don