PDA

View Full Version : Tool belt with suspenders users?

Joe Jensen
12-03-2008, 7:09 PM
I don't do a lot of construction type work, but I do have a nice leather bag on a webbed cotton belt. Sadly it slides down all the time and as I work on a Christmas wish list, I am thinking about suspenders for the tool belt. I only use one pouch setup, and usually hanging on the side. If I get suspenders, would they work with only one pouch on the side?

Ben Franz
12-03-2008, 7:24 PM
I use a double bag suspender only rig from Occidental Leather. It doesn't have a full belt - the bags attach directly to the suspenders. There is a short belt at the rear and a chest/belly strap to keep things stable. After an adjustment period, I've gotten used to the setup and find it a lot more comfortable than conventional bags. Sounds like you just want to add suspenders to the belt you use now - that should work ok as long as you have the belt on. With suspenders only, a single pouch is going to sag to the side constantly.

Thomas Williams
12-03-2008, 8:48 PM
I purchased the suspenders that they sell at the box stores and used them on my tool belt. The bags on the belt are on the side so the suspenders did not interfere with the use of the bags. The suspenders made the tool belt much more comfortable.

Jason White
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I use these and like them a lot...

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/63589.aspx?feature=&kw=occidental

I don't do a lot of construction type work, but I do have a nice leather bag on a webbed cotton belt. Sadly it slides down all the time and as I work on a Christmas wish list, I am thinking about suspenders for the tool belt. I only use one pouch setup, and usually hanging on the side. If I get suspenders, would they work with only one pouch on the side?

William OConnell
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I use suspenders with my tools all the time now. Mine are your basic tape measure ones. Notice in the picture how my left side is adjusted tighter than the right. Its because my left tool belt is heavier. You will just have to do something like this with a one sided setup I don't really think you need one of the expensive rigs they sell. Mine work fine and they were 10 bucks. I have 2 pairs of these. Only on a woodworking forum can you get a real life user input picture .
http://www.woodworkers.us/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1661&g2_serialNumber=2