PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Triton Router ??

Ken Milhinch
12-03-2008, 6:03 PM
You might want to think again, as the the company owning the Triton brand (GMC) has gone into receivership. The receivers have been called in by the company's Australian bankers so it doesn't look good for the future.
Of course the business may be sold, but I wouldn't want to bet on it in this economic climate.

Rick Peek
12-03-2008, 6:18 PM
Thats to bad. :( I think they had a nice unit. I have the 2 1/4
in my table. I must say,it is the most complete kit I have seen.
It comes with bushings,extension plate,adjustment handle for
above table use. Sad if they don't make it.

jerry nazard
12-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I agree with Rick. I'm very happy with my Triton 2 1/4.

Ken Milhinch
12-04-2008, 4:00 AM
Jerry,

Nobody is saying the router is no good, but warranty repairs and parts may be a bit problematic in the future.

Rich Enders
12-04-2008, 9:21 PM
Ken,

Is this the same company that offers the powered respirator? We are evaluating them at our company in a dusty environment.

Ken Milhinch
12-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Rich,

It sure is.

Pat Germain
12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
'Tis a sad sign O' the times. All the money advisors on television are cautioning against giving gift cards this year. There's too much risk the cards will be no good if the store goes belly-up. A lot of people got stuck with Sharper Image gift cards earlier this year.

I was looking at the Triton router at Woodcraft last Friday. It does indeed look like a nice tool. It's a shame power tool choices are getting fewer.

Rich Enders
12-07-2008, 1:41 PM
Ken,

Thanks for the confirmation. The powered respirators are working well for us. Hopefully Triton will get it together.

I tried to contact them, but the e-mail bounced.

George Caron
12-09-2008, 8:52 AM
Hello to All, My name is George Caron, I am the North American Sales Manager for Triton Workshop Systems, as an avid woodworker and a Fan of this website I come here from time to time to catch up on the latest news and opinions from other people who share my passion. I have been reading the numerous posts made over the past few days regarding GMC and the fact that they have gone into receivership, and what impact it will have on Triton products, well, it’s time to put certain issues to bed. What has in fact happened is that the financing bank for GMC has sent in an Administrator to assist in reorganizing their accounting systems. I can assure everyone reading these current posts and also for future reference that Triton North America is financially sound and is going to be here for a long time to come. We are independent of the Australian GMC company and will continue to support our products whether it is for service and or warranty. Please rest assured, We Are Not Going Anywhere. You can visit us at tritonwoodworking.com for all your woodworking needs.

Gordy Anderson
12-09-2008, 8:58 AM
That's good news. I just bought a 2.25 router 3 weeks ago, and I love it. I see on your web site you have a 12" sliding CMS. Is that available in the US? Is there anywhere to see one in person? It doesn't look like anyone carries it.

Gordy

Hello to All, My name is George Caron, I am the North American Sales Manager for Triton Workshop Systems, as an avid woodworker and a Fan of this website I come here from time to time to catch up on the latest news and opinions from other people who share my passion. I have been reading the numerous posts made over the past few days regarding GMC and the fact that they have gone into receivership, and what impact it will have on Triton products, well, it’s time to put certain issues to bed. What has in fact happened is that the financing bank for GMC has sent in an Administrator to assist in reorganizing their accounting systems. I can assure everyone reading these current posts and also for future reference that Triton North America is financially sound and is going to be here for a long time to come. We are independent of the Australian GMC company and will continue to support our products whether it is for service and or warranty. Please rest assured, We Are Not Going Anywhere. You can visit us at tritonwoodworking.com for all your woodworking needs.

George Caron
12-09-2008, 9:07 AM
The 12" CMS is currently only available in Canada, I have no US dealers who have shown any interest in it as of yet.

That's good news. I just bought a 2.25 router 3 weeks ago, and I love it. I see on your web site you have a 12" sliding CMS. Is that available in the US? Is there anywhere to see one in person? It doesn't look like anyone carries it.

Gordy