PDA

View Full Version : Saw-Stop featured on new Discovery Channel show

Mike Hess
12-03-2008, 9:52 AM
The show is called "Time Warp" - it's two guys with super high speed cameras who feature all kinds of interesting stuff in super slow motion. My DVR picked up an episode earlier this week that featured the saw stop among other things.

Pretty cool to see it in action.

Chris Padilla
12-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I caught that one night and it was pretty cool. They also did a bull whip and showed how it can go through an aluminum can and how it handles being put on fire and such. VERY COOL stuff!

Mike Hess
12-03-2008, 2:18 PM
Yeah, I caught that one night and it was pretty cool. They also did a bull whip and showed how it can go through an aluminum can and how it handles being put on fire and such. VERY COOL stuff!

My favorite is the "arrow through some water baloons" episode. You can see the balloons tear away, and the baloon shaped blobs of water just stay there in midair.

Back to the sawstop episode - I don't care how much faith the guy has in the machine, there's no way you'd get me to intentionally stick my finger into a running saw blade. :eek:

Bill Arnold
12-03-2008, 2:43 PM
... I don't care how much faith the guy has in the machine, there's no way you'd get me to intentionally stick my finger into a running saw blade. :eek:
If you watch the video carefully, he brings his finger in toward the side of the blade -- very near the teeth, but from the side, He also dipped his arm in a bucket of water prior to making the video. Regardless, I ain't doing what he did!:eek:

Scott Myers
12-03-2008, 2:47 PM
There's a big thread here on this one already. LOTS of discussion on it; "wisdom" of putting a finger in the saw., etc.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=97034
An interesting thread.

I've actualy DVR'ed the piece in high definiton (50" plasma) and show it to my friends. I own a Sawstop cabinet saw.