PDA

View Full Version : Airplane silhouette

Carrol Fleming
12-03-2008, 1:09 AM
Does anyone have some pictures of airplane silhouettes? The make of plane is not important but I am looking for top down and side view. I have searched and tried to adapt pictures that I have found but have not managed to produce anything I am happy with. I am now running out of time and have to stop playing around.

I am making "dangly things" in acrylic (not sure how to describe them, they are not mobiles but they hang from the ceiling) - of kids names with each individual letter linked together with fishing line and something (butterflies, fairies etc) at the top - small horizontal item - and bottom larger vertical item. Have a pile of orders. Sorry, no picture - forgot to take one! I give a small discount if the customer is willing to assemble them themselves, otherwise I practice my fishing knots whilst watching tv.

My one order is for boys names with an aiplane, top down for the top and side view for the bottom.

Thanks
Carrol

Nick Napier
12-03-2008, 1:29 AM
Hello, Not sure if these are of any help. Let me know.

Nick Napier

Napier's Laser Engraving

George M. Perzel
12-03-2008, 6:04 AM
Hi Carol;
Here's a bunch in Corel 12 format. Hope they hlp.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Carrol Fleming
12-03-2008, 7:44 AM
Thanks Nick and George
These are great.
Carrol :)

Frank Corker
12-03-2008, 8:32 AM
Here are 16 in cdr format

Carrol Fleming
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks Frank
Perfect! Started the grey cells churning, we have quite a few pilots around .... :D
Carrol

Deane Shepard
12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
There are a couple of websites at which I found airplane drawings, mostly jpgs. I've had reasonable luck converting some of them. Try:

http://www.suurland.com/ - look under blueprints. They have other types of vehicles as well

http://membres.lycos.fr/wings2/ - look under Plans 3-vues

Deane

Carrol Fleming
12-04-2008, 7:44 AM
Thanks Deane, there is so much here to use for other projects too!
Carrol